Checking for interest in Conrad HS GB (USA ONLY)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Update on the mini-GB,

This is an email from Conrad in Australia,

"Hello Ron ,
Payment received with thanks and your order has been dispatched on 29/07/09 via FedEx International Priority Air Freight service on air waybill number 8569 9539 2524. Thankyou for the order and if you have any further queries, do let me know.
With regards,
Julian Wales

PS: Just a few words about machining and handling aluminium heatsinks to get
the best results.You may already know this, but just in case:
> when machining aluminium (drilling, tapping, milling etc.) use cutting
fluid and avoid cutting tools becoming clogged with swarf by regular
cleaning.
> when working on heatsinks, place on or clamp between compliant surfaces
(cloth, cardboard etc.) to avoid abrasion of the machined or coated heatsink
surfaces. - JW."

:bigeyes: That was fast! Keep your fingers crossed shipping the rest of the way is that fast.

Ron

Joined 2002
Paid Member
I have ordered the smaller MF30-151.5 from ConradHeatsinks.
They are very nice and packaged very well, arriving without a blemish.
They along with some 700VA 25V Plitron transformers are waiting for an Aleph 30 monobloc build. Time not permitting.

Heat sinks, Anyone???

OK, guys, I need your mailing address(es).
After currency exchange fees, and shipping charges, it works out to $97.56 per pair plus shipping. If you want 2 pair, double plus shipping. Shipping of course will be more. ;)

As an example only:
USPS for a pair to Chicago is ~$23
UPS for a pair to Chicago is ~$20
FedeX was so bad and a pain in the derrier to deal with I wont' use them ever again.

Please tell me which service you prefer and if you need (and want to pay for, Priority or next day/3days shipping)

Sad 4
RKevans 2
Ed LaFontaine 2
Maxx 2
04DGM 4

Send me a PM email through this forum.

Edited: white dots are polystyrene packing fluff
Ron

Attachments

• img_1861 (custom).jpg
    img_1861 (custom).jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 210
Thanks to those who sent their payment so quickly, your are indeed "sincere". ;) LOL What a pleasant group of people to work with, everyone has responded to my emails and all the Heatsinks are accounted for....read SOLD.
Sorry those of you who were on the reserve list, I wish I could have helped you out, but I just didn't have the funds to accommodate everyone who wanted some sinks.

Heatsinks shipped today went to:

Sad Mafioso
Mongo
RKEvans
Maxx

Thanks guys, especially for putting up with my poor humor :clown:

Ron

Your welcome Ed,
Thanks for noticing............(Eeyore Voice)

Everyone's Heatsinks have been paid for and mailed out. Y'all should get them by early next week, that gives you the weekend to get your boards all soldered up and the Power Supplies tested.

I'd like to thank everyone who was a part of this GB, as you were all pleasant and professional to deal with, sorry shipping wasn't cheaper.
BTW for future reference, the UPS and USPS shipping calculators are unreliable at best. With just 5 boxes shipped out, I had to cough up ~$25 more than was calculated and charged. Not whining or asking to be repaid, (God knows I've received at least that much in help from the Forum) just cautioning anyone else who uses the online calculators of USPS or UPS.

I look forward to seeing your future builds and of course I'll post mine when its completed as well. Please pardon my future stupid questions.

Ron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.