Aleph printed circuit boards alternative

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear DIY'ers

Recently I've designed PCB's for my aleph 1.2 project. As I have mentioned earlier on this forum, these are for sale. These boards can be used for any type of Aleph and are of high quality.

Check out the picture and send me an email if you're interested.

Xcel

paulb said:
xcel,

Where is the picture you refer to?
What country are you in?
How much do you think you might charge? (I guess I could email you for this)
How many do you have?

The picture got lost somewhere, I've asked the webmaster to investigate.

I'm located in the Netherlands.

Kinda depends on the amount of interest shown from inside the DIY-community, I will elaborate on this matter in a couple of days.

As many as you want basically...

Xcel

Only the picture of finish product...

Hi xcel,

Your link only shown your finish product, are you selling the PCB or the completely build Aleph 4?

By the way, I am in US, do you received many request for purhase in US? I am interesed to buy the PCB as well. Does your PCB has silk screen and plated thru hole?

Dear Roanldko

I do not sell complete Aleph's, that would be a violation of Nelson's patent. I certainly don't want sell complete kits either.

What I do sell are the PCB's, which are plated through and have silkscreens (see the pictures on my site, page 2 & 3).

I get requests from around the world, USA included.

Seasons greetings,

Xcel

Dear promitheus,

Don't know for sure but 50 micron is a minimum in the PCB industry. Let me check that for you with my supplier. To avoid this problem I've made very wide traces (>20 mm). I've used this aproach in the past with my previous designs of high power class A amplifiers, and it has always worked fine.

The original boards in the Aleph 1.2 had similar tracewidths (even somewhat smaller, actually) .

Xcel

This is what I have to offer...

Attachments

• pcb1.jpg
    pcb1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,298
xcel,
nice work, you should definitely come up with a price figure here.
Also, it would be nice if you posted the component list, with the model type especially for components of variable size like caps and resistors. What is the distance center to center between the terminal of the PS capacitors? What is the MAX diameter of the cans one could fit underneath?

grataku said:
xcel,
nice work, you should definitely come up with a price figure here.
Also, it would be nice if you posted the component list, with the model type especially for components of variable size like caps and resistors. What is the distance center to center between the terminal of the PS capacitors? What is the MAX diameter of the cans one could fit underneath?

Grataku,

Thanks for the compliment ! I"ll send you a price figure. My components are pretty ordinary, and so are their shapes and sizes. I can give you the manufacturers list of all components but that's not really necessary since I've used standard components. The holes in the PCB's are large enough to handle any component from any manufacturer. I don't want to be restricted to just one component supplier, you see. What I can tell you is that I use components from Philips (capacitors, diodes and resistors), MOSFET's from International Rectifier (IRF), Siemens (capacitors,NTC's).

The mounting holes for the capacitors are 30 mm apart, measured from centre-to-centre. The diameter of the holes are 6 mm, because of the fact that the screws are M5. My capacitors are 65 mm (diameter)x105 mm (height). They don't make 'm much larger than this. But to answer your question, the maximum diameter of a capacitor for this board can be 90 mm !!

Seasons Greetings,

Xcel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.