Yep, another Aleph5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Afetr months planning and afterwards building I finished my Aleph 3 weeks ago. Upon connecting it to the net there was smoke !!! After a small repair (a bad solder on one of the IRFP240 which resulted in a very hot resistor and a blown up transistor), here is the result:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Inards:

2x500VA 28V
12x10000uF p/ch
kristians aleph 4 main boards
irfp's p2p

still with a MDF front (from keeping my cat having shock therapy) which will be replaced by a 1 cm thick frontplate

Ralph

very nice work! :D

How much did those panels cost?

did you make the audiostand yourself? it looks good!

is it stable?

last Q: what is that tivoli radio doing in there? do you use it as a radio source?

one last word. Why did you put L/R letters in both speaker bindings? :scratch:

keep up with the good work!

Pedro,

I really do not want to calculate what it cost me in all. I order them in several stages.... but the top and backpanel were €124 in total, they are 4mm thick.

Yes I do use the tivoli as source (I barely listen to radio)

The rack I just made it in a couple of hours, is it stable....my 25kg heavy Alpeh is supported just nicely without any bending of the wood. Is it audiophile, I don't think so but it looks good. I have a great idea with a maglev plateau but I cannot find lineair ball bearing which I need for that idea.

l/r oh well everybody makes some mistake which you'll notice only when it's to late ;)

What l/r ?:goodbad: , don't you hate the elctronic veltpen called photoshop.

The L/R should have said +/- but I only noticed it when plugging in the cable, luckely that is on the rear side of the amp, so any mistakes on Nelson's name would also never been noticed ;)

The rack is momenteraly made out of spurs (not so very hard) and this is already strong enough. This afternoon I will change it for maple (very hard). Concerning stable, it's more stable then a Quadraspire reference rack but less then a plate of marble.
Ralph

Here they are:

They are manufactured by schaeffer frontpanel, which is a great program. You can download it with this link:

frontpanel designer

for the frontpanel download the following and open in frontpanel:

front

and for the back:

backpanel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.