B-1 buffer question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there. I am finally assembling the B-1 buffer using a PCB provided from Pass DIY. I notice there are two drill holes in the center of the board connected to R100 (R input) and R204 (L output.) Why are these here and am I supposed to use them for something?

Thanks!

Four Channel B1

Recently I have become a big fan of active crossovers and have been using a ganged pot after a modded Behringer DCX (crossover) and prior to 4 channels of amplification.

I saw reference to the B2 buffer, but I guess that is not being released for DIY. So I made a breadboard version of the B1 buffer (2 channel version at this point).

So currently the power supply on the B1 buffer drives two channels and it uses a power adapter from an old HP printer (18volt and 1.1 amp). I read that the B1 circuit only draws about 20 mA.

I would like to use the current Power Supply section from the B1 and have it run a total of 4 channels. My plan is simply to use the current Power Supply section and have it drive the additional circuitry for the extra channels. Although I might increase the R1 resistor from 3W to 5W.

I guess my question is whether a single B1 power supply is sufficient to drive the extra channels?

Again, I am pleased with the sound of my 2 channel B1 buffer (with the "stock" power supply). I am happy with the power supply as it is.

Cheers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.