The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

My actual Hearing Threshold measured by myself:
Not so nice and not so bad at once.
You must consider that I've measured myself.
So you can add about 5-6 dB for these results, as I can estimate.
If you know, that you must to hear something at the moment, you can hear it more easily.
Of course I wouldn't cheat myself, why should I do it, If I never cheat even anyone else?
Moreover, I tried to record what I can hear at the same level on different frequencies.
Well, I can not deny, say above 7-8 kHz, there is nothing valuable.
O.K., this audiometer isn't a Clinical one, so it can measure till 8 kHz.
Those dips you can see at about 4kHz, these are mostly the signs of noise injury, because I've worked in a noisy computer room environment in my younger years.

Attachments

• Gyuri_HTL_20200630.jpg
    Gyuri_HTL_20200630.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 193
to Gyuri #26329

Hello Gyuri- friend,

I would say that your self - test doesn't look so bad. I would say pretty good.
And the human ear has no constant sensitivity over the full frequency range.
And as older we get the possibility to hear higher tones goes down - most often.

In my special case: I am 52 years old/young. Sometimes I have situations when my ears seem to work pretty well - listening to a nice soundsystem.
Sometimes I feel like getting a 'temporary auditory agnosia'. Especially when people attack me verbally out there .....
So: ears work - brain says: filter this out. :rolleyes:

Have a nice weekend!
Dirk

edit - you Dodo

just to respond to ZM from ACA thread,

driver is Monacor SP 205/8, Greencone like with tiny magnet, able to eat 8Watts.

sounds better than FQ looks like (maybe with my bigger baffles there is more filling in lower mids), but think of fun and speed in mids (although i know you know), fun is layering not extension.

Never had the SP 200/X, but i guess you´ll need correction network. SP205/8 is direct handshake, no gloves.

Could be fun to play with and should also suit the hole in baffle ; ). Me dodo made them in one day, thought of making the baffle removable to play with different drivers, but no suitable screws on hand in that second and glued it together : )

best,
st

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-05 um 11.13.48.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-05 um 11.13.48.png
    288.4 KB · Views: 204
Last edited: