The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Arghh!

After loosing a refrigerator's worth of food due to our power outage last month, now the refrigerator completely died, 2 days after stocking it up for turkey day. No wonder our stomachs have been upset today! Bye bye pumpkin pie! Sigh...:(

Tomorrow I'm off to shop for a new one.

The Technics SE-9600 ... provided powerful 110 W + 110 W (8 Ω) output with total harmonic distortion of 0.02% or less ... The heat radiation fins had a thermal label that changed colour from yellow to orange to warn the user when the temperature rose above a certain level.

I'd like to know what Panasonic used for the thermal label. It might come in handy on some of the class A SITs we're playing with these days.

We have had the luxury of just putting the food in the car if we lose power or the fridge dies. Making a 15 quart pot of Turkey and sausage gumbo that will just go outside once it simmers enough.

Arghh!

After loosing a refrigerator's worth of food due to our power outage last month, now the refrigerator completely died, 2 days after stocking it up for turkey day. No wonder our stomachs have been upset today! Bye bye pumpkin pie! Sigh...:(

Tomorrow I'm off to shop for a new one.

Stafan, I was talking about your boat. I'm not a cycle guy so much but I am a lover of water vessels.

Nice pics by the way. A real lady killer kinda guy.

Aha, the boat. Well I have several and none of them are mine:). I just work on them and captain them sometimes. The crude oil one was a while since I visited. It stores 30 000+ vacuum tubes amongst other cool stuff btw. My friend is somewhat of a hoarder.

A real lady killer kinda guy.
I realize that if English in not your first language then this statement might be a bit odd.

It means that you are good looking and that, in your presence, the ladies are knocked dead.

Uh... I think I just did it again.

Stafan, both of those terms mean you are handsome. My pretty wife agrees, and no, you're not allowed to visit. ;)

Last edited:
When I was in grammar school on the basketball team in the early or mid '60s, our coach had a '59 Chevy Impala 2 dr. hardtop low rider with a turntable in the passenger foot well, and the inverter and amp in the trunk. I remember the tonearm weighing a TON. He had to slow down to a crawl when going over bumps, and it still sometimes skipped! I'm sure it ruined any records played on it.

Even though, it was pretty cool having a turntable in a car at that time!!!!