The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

You asked for it...

As you will see, just the motor and platter will go in the (eventual) plinth. The 'kitchen top' oak is just a temporary measure for idea spawning etc.

The PS + also control boards are in original BBC 19" rack-mount case connected direct to motor by that greenish umbilical.

The strobe section of the logic board is banjaxed....anyone got a spare logic board???

Attachments

• _MG_1133.jpg
    _MG_1133.jpg
    924.8 KB · Views: 242
  • _MG_1145.jpg
    _MG_1145.jpg
    1,009.7 KB · Views: 179
  • _MG_1146.jpg
    _MG_1146.jpg
    865.3 KB · Views: 176
  • _MG_1149.jpg
    _MG_1149.jpg
    978.8 KB · Views: 179
  • _MG_1150.jpg
    _MG_1150.jpg
    955.1 KB · Views: 173
For all you riders out there, I found myself in the middle of something I will only see once. We had a Hell's Angel go down in gunfire recently and I'm guessing this was the precession. Not the funeral but on the way to it maybe. Sitting at the traffic light, watching about 300 riders go by, it went green and I turned left onto the highway behind them. As I turned I looked to my right to see bikes as far as the eye could see at the stop light. I am guessing there were more than 1000 in total. They lined up two abreast in the right lane. The other cars and trucks were all in the left. There were police cars both on the side of the highway, spaced every few km's and one in front leading the parade. Because the riders were below the speed limit to make sure those caught at the light were able to catch up, I got to drive by those 300.
I have to say it was a life changing event. First off, I had to close all windows. Second, I had to assure my dog that the world was not coming to an end and third, I had a feeling of thrill and excitement that put me back in my school boy days. I'm 56 years old and I felt like I was witnessing something from the eyes of a child.
This was freaking spectacular. The noise, the precision of the precession. OMG pubsters this was something out of a dream/nightmare. Imagine if I got caught up in all this and made a mistake driving while filming them and taking pics. It would only take one of them to mess up Uncle Cal, let alone an entire squadron.
Took me about 5 minutes to get past the lead group as I'm sure others in front on me were mesmerized by this as well. All I know is that the thrill of seeing this was something that will stay with me forever.
Cheers pubsters.
Ride on brothers.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
So the last weekend I discovered a preamp I haven't used in
a few months seem to have developed a fault.

Yesterday, I turned on an old desktop computer (since it has a dvd burner)
again for the first time in a few months, only to discover the nice powered
speakers are malfunctioning. A few hours later the monitor croaked.

I hope nothing else breaks.

Similar with an old LaCie Ext. HD! Would not load on an iMac....took it upstairs to remeet an ancient `powerMac...worked perfectly. Did the Mac repair disk cycle and it worked on the iMac. :D:D Next day worked on none of 3 Mac desktops......must be like me...got too old to work regularly. :rolleyes:

Sitting in the sunny porch, looking at the green grass I have to cut! :mad:

Anyone heard of Red Volvo???