The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member

Attachments

• Lizard Blizzard.jpg
    Lizard Blizzard.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 211
What a tactful reminder that there is a :cop: around...even if a RCMP version [:sarge:] - whose horse can only turn to the Left Hand Side! SO all of you naughty Dodos will need to turn to the right before running from de Lawman!

What are they doing for your Shoulder problem? Rest?

Or can you get it injected (cortisone)? I have had both of mine scanned in late November...tendon sheath problems + bursitis...[they cannot inject due to numerous smaller arteries and I am on Warfarin so could have a dangerous bleed if the injection needle were to hit an artery]

Just hope that your problem mends quickly...shoulder injury can be one of the most painful conditions

[IS it true that it feels as though someone else is .....?]

Last edited:
Brian etal: It's a waiting game, Patience and requisite physio is what's in order. I am hoping to be 'Cal' again in about a month. I also understand that may not be the reality. I will keep the dodod's informed.
Cheers.

The most imporatant thing in such cases is excercise, afer the shoulder recovers. When I broke my arm some 18 years ago, and had it immobilized for maybe three months or so (the doctors did not immedialtely say "three months", but one, then one more, then another one). So then, additional three months of excercise, as the muscle atrophy happens fast, it was funny to look myself in the mirror, two unequal hands :)
Cal, wish you a speedy and painless recovery.
Take care,
Vix

Could be useful.
Neuromuscular electrical stimulation prevents muscle disuse atrophy during leg immobilization in humans.
CONCLUSION:
During short-term disuse, NMES represents an effective interventional strategy to prevent the loss of muscle mass, but it does not allow preservation of muscle strength. NMES during disuse may be of important clinical relevance in both health and disease.
Neuromuscular electrical stimulation prevents muscle disuse atrophy during leg immobilization in humans. - PubMed - NCBI

Joined 2002
Paid Member
This the story of the Cursed Case.

Years ago I bought a cheapie case from a local store.

I put a gain clone into it. Somehow the amp was oscillating.

Somewhat later I tried putting in a mini-A that was working.
Somehow it stopped working after putting it in that case.

Over a decade has passed. Recently I found some UCD180 modules
and PS in the basement that I bought may years ago.
Since I'm trying to build the lxmini, I figured I can use the UCDs
as a bass amp. So into that junk case all the parts went.

Wired everything up. The fuse blows on the PS module.

Maybe it's the Class-A god's disapproval of me trying to use a class D amp.

Dennis