The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Thanks Cal! They say that there are none so righteous as the newly converted!

I have to admit that a 5.5 hour surgical experience, coupled with a few days of real hallucinations following 14 hours to come out of anaesthesia (with newly infected pneumonia) made a 'wake-up' cigarette unnecessary....;)

3 new bits of 'artery' which I am told may clog at a faster rate than the originals have made life a 15 year younger experience.....77 in April, so doing pretty good so far. No reason to spend the equivalent of US$ 25.00 a day to put it all at risk.

This work along with all associated costs is paid for in its entirety by our Government. The care with which I was treated simply could not have been improved upon.

Never had anything to do with Dalmatians and German SHPs I found to be very headstrong, but great if you found a well intentioned one....have seen quite a few that are handy with their teeth!!

Brandy Sniffer in her prime:

Attachments

• DSCF0176.jpg
    DSCF0176.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 149
  • DSCF0082.jpg
    DSCF0082.jpg
    874.9 KB · Views: 148
@WBS:

...and I thought that the Russian River produced only Steelhead Trout & and covert Meetings at Bohemian Grove! Glad to know that something more generally useful comes from there as well...and thanks for the toast!

Your dawg has a good bright eye in the pics. Was she a bird-dog?

@ DIY EXPERTS:

Can anyone point out the best way to fix this wiring?

Attachments

• _BDC0184a.jpg
    _BDC0184a.jpg
    876 KB · Views: 138
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi brianco,
Delegate it to someone else to do.

The only sane way to make that neater would be to get an up to date connection list, pull the old wiring out and put in the new wire. That should take a couple days of dedicated work. It's a great way to burn out a technician.

I have had to do a couple BIX fields in the past. Not fun, but if everyone leaves you alone it can be done.

-Chris

Joined 2006
Paid Member
@c2c.......

:D:D:D
Give da :king: man a (big) cigar!

[That is what I call a real patch bay!]

Nah - it runs in the family - - - :D:D:D

I did computer and communications for government so no photos were allowed of that stuff. But brother-in-law is still doing AV and lighting systems for major league customers and here are some shots of his stuff. These photos are a few years old tho - he does even bigger stuff now....

Attachments

• speaker insatll 2 - Smith Center.jpg
    speaker insatll 2 - Smith Center.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 120
  • speaker install 5 - electrical wiring - Smith Center.jpg
    speaker install 5 - electrical wiring - Smith Center.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 118
  • speaker install 4 - Racks - Smith Center.jpg
    speaker install 4 - Racks - Smith Center.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 117
  • speaker install 3 - Smith Center.jpg
    speaker install 3 - Smith Center.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 115
  • Speaker install 1 - Smith Performance.jpg
    Speaker install 1 - Smith Performance.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 113
...and this was taken earlier in the year. The Sparrow Hawk visited our garden most days for about 2 months and then ceased to visit!

The pic was taken through a 20+ year old Nikon 70-210 F4 constant focus...through thermo-plastic double glazing!

Attachments

• BDC_6353 copy.jpg
    BDC_6353 copy.jpg
    513 KB · Views: 59