The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Well - I don't drink so designated driver is fine for me..... Do you want the rig with the built in roll bars, or do you wanna take a chance with the regular vehicle? :D

Everyone in USA Southern States thinks that they are pro level race car drivers - combined with a touch of destruction derby tossed in.....

YouTube

Much the same here in Scotland...F1 drivers all over the place....in their dreams, though Jim Clark was from just a 10 min. drive away.

As for not drinking, I have enough self control to be able to have just an occasional glass or two. But I did stop smoking...40+ a day to zero overnight!
:violin: :D

...but I still haven't even warmed up a soldering iron since before surgery in April......:mad:

Everyone in USA Southern States thinks that they are pro level race car drivers - combined with a touch of destruction derby tossed in.....

YouTube

These are normal traffic situations at us:
2018121514.jpg

Joined 2006
Paid Member
OK - here is another video about DML speakers. I can tell that you Dodo's are really excited about these things because of the total lack of response. :cuss::scratch::rofl:

Maybe I'll go back to working on waterwheel turntable.... :D

I figure that if I build a pair of these that I will be able to paint of portrait of ZM on one of them and Papa Pass on the other. :D

Maybe I should stop trying to see if Pub Dodo's actually do anything else except recover from hangovers.... :drink:

YouTube

I'm sure, I need refine my expressiveness, mainly in english.
I would like to create similar sentences as below:

FIRST VOICE

In the blind-drawn dark dining-room of School House, dusty
and echoing as a dining-room in a vault, Mr and Mrs Pugh
are silent over cold grey cottage pie. Mr Pugh reads, as
he forks the shroud meat in, from Lives of the Great
Poisoners. He has bound a plain brown-paper cover round
the book. Slyly, between slow mouthfuls, he sidespies up
at Mrs Pugh, poisons her with his eye, then goes on
reading. He underlines certain passages and smiles in
secret.

MRS PUGH

Persons with manners do not read at table,

FIRST VOICE

says Mrs Pugh. She swallows a digestive tablet as big as a
horse-pill, washing it down with clouded peasoup water.

[Pause

MRS PUGH

Some persons were brought up in pigsties.

MR PUGH

Pigs don't read at table, dear.

FIRST VOICE

Bitterly she flicks dust from the broken cruet. It settles
on the pie in a thin gnat-rain.

MR PUGH

Pigs can't read, my dear.

MRS PUGH

I know one who can.

FIRST VOICE

Alone in the hissing laboratory of his wishes, Mr Pugh
minces among bad vats and jeroboams, tiptoes through
spinneys of murdering herbs, agony dancing in his
crucibles, and mixes especially for Mrs Pugh a venomous
porridge unknown to toxicologists which will scald and
viper through her until her ears fall off like figs, her
toes grow big and black as balloons, and steam comes
screaming out of her navel.

MR PUGH

You know best, dear,

FIRST VOICE

says Mr Pugh, and quick as a flash he ducks her in rat
soup.

MRS PUGH

What's that book by your trough, Mr Pugh?

MR PUGH

It's a theological work, my dear. Lives of the Great
Saints.

Maybe I'll go back to working on waterwheel turntable.... :D

YouTube

It has been so dry here this year that I have had to listen to music on my wireless!! ;).....the salmon runs failed, so you can imagine my anger! :irked::mad:

Building an improved TT for when the rains come! Pic shows the roughed out platter. :)

The spacecraft is for Gyuri ... shame it is hidden behind a cloud, but you can clearly see the power of the headlights.

The pooch is coming for Christmas! His owner I always thought is an ideal sorter-out for this pub...she is a professional head-doctor (Down Jacco:p), but seeing the choice of clothing for her dog she would be better as a member! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• _BDC9754 copy.jpg
    _BDC9754 copy.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 90
  • _MG_0217 copy.jpg
    _MG_0217 copy.jpg
    327.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 20181212_191447 copy.jpg
    20181212_191447 copy.jpg
    552.4 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
It has been so dry here this year that I have had to listen to music on my wireless!! ;).....the salmon runs failed, so you can imagine my anger! :irked::mad:

Building an improved TT for when the rains come! Pic shows the roughed out platter. :)

If I remember correctly (and with only two functional brain cells left to work with remembering things is a challenge for me) the Chinese clock makers switched over from water to using sand.

I'm sure that the next remarks to be offered up by Pass Pub Dodo's will have something to do with me packing sand and reporting back.... :rolleyes:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
The pooch is coming for Christmas! His owner I always thought is an ideal sorter-out for this pub...she is a professional head-doctor (Down Jacco:p), but seeing the choice of clothing for her dog she would be better as a member! :rolleyes:

One of newly discovered sisters has one of those PhD skull shrinker sheepskin things hanging off of her wall and she haz given up all hope for me.

Silly person - pretty much like almost every PhD I know she needs someone around to keep her on track in the real world... If you ask her about what goes on inside of people's heads she can talk you under the table. If you ask her where she parked her car she doesn't have a clue.... :D

I like the doggy!!