The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Tiny issue, after 4 months of non-smoking I developed heart rythm problems.
Knocking, rollercoaster rythm, skipping multiple beats.
After a couple of weeks listening to my heart stop in bed at night, sleeping disorder.

14 days of anxiety medication, plus picking up ciggies again, and we're back to 65 solid beats a minute.
I have to come up with a better plan to quit smoking.

Nasty and anxiety making that arterial fibrillation! I know from experience...thank God that I did not stop the ciggies! BUT I would not need to go to Edinburgh at 0600 on the 30th (Tomorrow) to have stents but in my heart (angioplasty) had I never started smoking? Hope I sleep well tonight!

Jacco,

The AF becomes less worrying and the extremes tend to moderate; that has been my experience having had it for some 15 years. If it gets bad or I have chest pains I call an ambulance and they put me on a drip overnight, but normally I just take it slow and it rights itself over a couple of days. But they will have put you on Warfarin I expect....have your tail removed first!!!!

Gyuri, please do not say anything!
Although I have my heart rate at about 88 all in my life, if I'm in resting state.
I'm drinking coffees and beers some buckets. (never smoked)
There is no problem.
Name of the problem is: stress.
I have experienced lately (because of my biggest stressing factor was that sudden hearing loss) arterial fibrillation, when I waiting for infusion at the hospital.
They don't want to leave me to go home, so I get a nice panic attack with AF.
I knew, that is not the end, because I have experienced one when my son was died.
But AF is a crummy feeling.
Now, I'm on 25mg metoprolol for arrhythmia and 2x 2.5mg ramipiril for blood pressure, per day.
So this is childish amount.
And I'm completely convinced that even this wouldn't be necessary if there was no stress.
Anyway, I will live for 120, at least.