The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Hi Thomas,
Some addendum about dog's brain:

Human and dog brains both have dedicated 'voice areas' -- ScienceDaily

401104-pass-pub-high-end-off-topic-thread-dachshund-brain_atlas_rectangle_sticker.jpg

Btw Im into making a xover that are a bit tuneable. Different music/recordings takes different setting to my ears. Im thinking fixed comps and switches and I want to be able to change values on:
Squeeker line resistor: like 0, 2, 4, 6 ohms for level adjust
Squeeker line cap: like 3,3 and 4,3 mF for letting the squeeker go lower when needed (lower roll off, more mid)
Bass parallell cap: like 18 and 28 mF for adjusting roloff there to
Squeeker onthefly phase shifting.

Something like that. Ever done anything like that? My greys are fighting over switch-types, relays etc. Need to be sturdy types

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Btw Im into making a xover that are a bit tuneable. Different music/recordings takes different setting to my ears. Im thinking fixed comps and switches and I want to be able to change values on:
Squeeker line resistor: like 0, 2, 4, 6 ohms for level adjust
Squeeker line cap: like 3,3 and 4,3 mF for letting the squeeker go lower when needed (lower roll off, more mid)
Bass parallell cap: like 18 and 28 mF for adjusting roloff there to
Squeeker onthefly phase shifting.

Something like that. Ever done anything like that? My greys are fighting over switch-types, relays etc. Need to be sturdy types

Ummmmmm - maybe something like an active cross-over? :idea:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
The only written things mentioning those things as I know about is frangments from Adam of Bremens trips and Islandic fairys so you sure must have found some interesting sources.

Perhaps I did not state things clearly (a very rare event that only happens on the half hour and one hour marks of the clock). :rolleyes: I can only get back to around the time of William the Conqueror. Things that happened before his time are hard to find information about for common people because they didn't start using surnames until around those times (at least around England)

I do have one relative that traced one of our lines back to around 500 A.D. in Italy but I'm still having enough trouble with what I have and haven't had a chance to dig into that information yet.

Well - we all find different ways to spend our spare time - maybe I'll get back around to playing with waterwheels and throwing tennis balls to the dachshunds.... :D:D:D

Hmmmm - considering change to avitar..... Hmmmmm - Nah...... nevermind...

Attachments

• flintstones-grand-poobah-hat-i7.jpg
    flintstones-grand-poobah-hat-i7.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
I hopped on the ferry to visit planet10, Ruth and ChrisB and pick up my new speakers. Managed to get up at 4 this morning for the game. It's been snowing like the dickens all day Saturday and through into Sunday. Right at the start of the 2nd period, poof, out go the lights. It seems a tree had come down across the power line so it wasn't until well after the game did I find out the score.

So I'm headed home now, just waiting at the terminal for the next boat outta here in about an hour or so.

Have fun dodos.