The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member
1. Ya can get a free online subscription to nice magazine Secrets of the Brain | National Geographic Magazine

2. Checkout schema for nerve wiring of human nogg'n (a normal one I think - but they didn't really say for sure).

3. Sighting of one of my two functional brain cells...... Which means that I have a lot of nerve connections that don't connect to anything..... Why am I not surprised....

4. Dachshunds say that chocolate iz bad - but a bit of apple turnover iz pretty darn tasty....

Attachments

• Brain Cells - nerve connections.jpg
    Brain Cells - nerve connections.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Brain Cell - Tom's.jpg
    Brain Cell - Tom's.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 79
  • dachshund - brain_atlas_rectangle_sticker.jpg
    dachshund - brain_atlas_rectangle_sticker.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Congrats Stajo. Your team and mine going for gold on Sunday. Problem is, it'll be 4 in the morning here. :bawling:

Congratulations on your Canuck team win Cal.... Good luck using your sticks against Stajo's team..... Well - family tree sez that before we got to England-Ireland-Scotland that we were running around in France az part of Norman invasion.... So I have some horns to put on and looting to do......

Attachments

• Hager - Grandpa Cartoon.jpg
    Hager - Grandpa Cartoon.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 126
Hey there Thomas,
Thanks for the congrats. Being from a hockey town, you probably know that the once, seemingly insurmountable rivalry between Canada and the USSR and then Russia, really has been eclipsed by the USA and Canada rivalry, so today's game means more to us than than beating Sweden for the gold. Mmm...almost. I mean, if you lose to Sweden, that's fine, they're such a nice people in such a great country that I wouldn't mind so bad. In the 70's and 80's is all about beating the Soviets. Now the focus really lies squarely on the USA. Since you guys learned how to play the game, and very well I might add, this rivalry compares with some of the great ones in sporting history. That goes for the women too. In reality, their competition is more heated that the men's. They really want to *****slap each other.

Anyway, I hope for a good game and of course for Canada to win but most of all, that it's a clean game. No one's earning their living at the Olympics and it would be a shame if any more players went down.

Uh...let me think about that wording for a minute.

c2cthomas; said:
running around in France az part of Norman invasion.... So I have some horns to put on and looting to do......
The year 1066 sometimes markes the end of the Viking era. The Norse king Harald dies when the Anglosaxans wins the battle of Stamford Bridge. Later same year Wilhelm the Conqurer beat the saxans in the Battle of Hastings. The Normands will then rule England up to the 16th century.

Well - family tree sez that before we got to England-Ireland-Scotland that we were running around in France az part of Norman invasion.... So I have some horns to put on and looting to do......

I can't prove it, because I don't have a family tree, but I think myself as a late descendant of Koppány:
Koppány - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe that's not true, but what matters is that I think this.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
The year 1066 sometimes markes the end of the Viking era. The Norse king Harald dies when the Anglosaxans wins the battle of Stamford Bridge. Later same year Wilhelm the Conqurer beat the saxans in the Battle of Hastings. The Normands will then rule England up to the 16th century.

Wilhelm iz da guy that gave a couple of my ancestors some property for helping him out and saving his *ss in battle.... so 1066 shows up a lot in family tree...

I sort of relate to the Normandy Tour az something band roadies do for the big act - including clearing out the tavern after closing time.....:D

1066 shows up a lot in family tree...
Those were tumbeling times. Swedish king Stenkil dies from desease on some russian looting trip same year. Two rivals mentioned as Erik and Erik is mentioned to take over shortly. Stenkil seems to have been christian, other two uncertain.

The only written things mentioning those things as I know about is frangments from Adam of Bremens trips and Islandic fairys so you sure must have found some interesting sources.

Stenkil decends from a place called Levene by the way. A couple of kilometers from where my family has lived for as long as it is trackable, which is about to the 14th century.