The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Tonights portait is Ted Gärdestad. When I was a young punk rocker living in a manchester clothing sofa in a one roomer in a nothern suburb of Stockholm togehter with four other blokes I was one morning travelling to work, unchristly early when it was suddenly starting to bump hard noices in the subtrain floor, I was in the second wagon. It was unfortunately Ted, the poet, that had thrown himself in front of the train. Ted was an excellent tennis player, second only to Björn Borg in Sweden by the time. The not so unfamiliar band Toto comped him on many tours. I miss you forever Ted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAedjDif11U&index=5&list=RDaW1L5yZdAgQ

Poetry wise I like
1. Dan Andersson. Worker poetry, a poor coal miner. Texts sometimes acronym Black Jim. Bruce Springstean uses it in texts. Sometimes mixed up with Joe Hill (Joel Hägglund)
2. August Strindberg. Read his works from back to back and backwords. I just love his poetry. Hate his character. Big *******, awesome writer (rfr to a famous writer in the key islands).
3. Evert Taube. One of the big romantics. Somehow controversial texts. A World citicen that lived a long Life in Argentina.
4. Nils Ferlin was a buddy of my odd grandpa. Before grandpa died he quoted the poem " goggles" and gave me a paper, a napkin it was, with the original poem. My dad still has it. Origin of the poem "goggles". Somehow I have read his poems alot in my youth, not regarding that. My father is a secretative guy.

Im happy to say my friend Blomman is on his feets again. A long life of serious misuse of drugs in spite. Had a long nice conversation about pentodes as cathode followers today. Blomman is the guy that comes to your home and completely turns your head to a spin, makes use of tubes where you have ever thought, inverts speaker filters stunningly. Im glad he is on his feets

yup

either caffe racers or bobbers or choppers or scramblers

all of them being damn boutique specimens

dead after first splash of water , let alone proper rain

venturi in front of naked back wheel , wires everywhere , naked kardan shaft splines

yuk!

make something Fugly! , but able to get yar a$$ from place to place !

Me likeee Honda Chaly

Last edited:
My other Honda is a CR750. That one I have done some decent laps with. Its now on the balcony/in the adfecies.dict.

It all started with a motor interest in the punk age and there was so much religion about coolness. Coolness was Harley Davidson and eventually Triumps and Nortons. Too expensive and also uncool so we started racing with old japs. Beat them and made them chew their fecies.

Back in those Days it was cafe property. Shinyest bike etc. We interfered and suddenly words like ratbike, caferacer etc came in the vocabulary. I remember specially a race home from "the bridge cabin", when I warmed my tires on the way up and took on some serious HD dragstas from the highway lights and up. Two of them won first gear (nicely tunded) over the bridge but they geared earl and in early second gear I was ahead and it was a curve so I won easily. Next week when I came out with a coffee and something in my hand, hundreds of people was laying around my cheap bike, inspecting the tuning;)

One of the best things you can do is, when meet a new fresh gf is to give her klamydia from start. I learned that from Jacco. First phase is that she denies me. I get some penicillin. Then we marry. Right?

On the other hand, marriage is worse than a life sentence in jail.

I reckon this guy has it all sorted out. What else do you need?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHxnTOCpN5w

A brain, 5 ribs, 6 new vertebrae, tongue exchange.
Not likely to ever play piano, but his old age will be a payback time guarantee.
Each to his own.

An 18-year old friend of my g/f's youngest told yesterday that he finished the 18-month basic training, but was declined a contract at the Dutch navy, due to a bad back.
They could have told him a year and a half ago, instead of wasting his time.
All he wanted was a deck hand job, now has to think up a new career.

In my days, they asked me a zillion times if I was gay over a full 3-day mental/physical selection course.
Maybe I should have responded with Hello Darling on one of those occasions, and shouted You're All a Bunch of Poofs at the exit gate.

An 18-year old friend of my g/f's youngest told yesterday that he finished the 18-month basic training, but was declined a contract at the Dutch navy, due to a bad back.
They could have told him a year and a half ago, instead of wasting his time.
All he wanted was a deck hand job, now has to think up a new career.

Not quite as bad but similar thing happened to me.
Many years ago applied for job as helicopter pilot in the navy, did all the testing.
They wait right to the end to tell me my eye sight is not perfect 20/20. Then they say I can have any job I want except helicopter pilot.
The thing that pissed me off is I don't need glasses and if you initially qualify on the eye test they don't care about you failing it later. That makes a lot of bloody sense doesn't it.