Pass Pearl PCB help! Are these boards OK?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I am sorry if this question has been posted from any other member to another thread, I did a search before I post it but I couldn't find any related info.

I received a pair of Pass Pearl phono boards a couple of days ago by a member of this forum.

Forgive my ignorance, but a number of ground paths seem missing from these boards.

Specifically the ground for:

C1, C2, C3, C7, C8 C15, C5, R16, D1, R12, R11 are missing (?).

I am attaching you a photo of one of the boards.

Plus there is a printed instruction in the middle of the board "Connect Grounds here with a soldered wire".
What does it mean? Nelson Pass did not mention anything in Pearl documentation, plus the original Pass boards did not have this message (please correct me if I am wrong)

Can you PLEASE take a look in the photo and let me know how can I use these boards. Do I need to connect these missing points with the PCB ground path by using point to point connections with solid core wire?

Did I miss something?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

:xeye:

Attachments

• img_0606.jpg
    img_0606.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 348
The original Pass Boards have ground plane (upper side of PCB). The mentioned components are connected to it. And at only one point the ground plane is connected to signal ground with a jumper (piece of wire) see article.
So there is nothing missing

Manu

Attached pic may help

Attachments

• pearl silk.jpg
    pearl silk.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 303
Thanks! I got the point I haven't noticied the ground plane at the top of the PCB.

Can you please describe a little bit more the connection of signal ground to the ground plane?

Do you mean that I need to connect the - of C15 with the signal ground pad (the pad that is indicated by the printed white arrow on the board)?

Did I understand correct?

Many thanks again

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.