B1 Buffer Preamp

Like this Papa?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 594
Working on battery powered B1 Buffer for HIFI2000 Slim Line 2U with LDR potentiometer.

Are following features meaningful:
- footprint for LSK170, LSK389 (TO71) and BF862
- multiple coupling caps footprint (needs suggestions for coupling caps to use)
- switched simple 1AD4 hybrid headphone amplifier

Proposals are wellcome.

JP

Attachments

• B1-BUFFER-2U_V1.png
    B1-BUFFER-2U_V1.png
    199.7 KB · Views: 573
Disabled Account
Joined 2008
B1 balance control

I have been using the search function in order to learn more about the possibility of using a balance-control and a stereo potentiometer or attenuator .
What i have found is a consensus that two mono controls will suffice , in some cases a stereo volume control is favoured over the possibility of adjusting balance alltogether . Well , i would like to be able to adjust balance without fiddling with two knobs at the same time . My problem is that i can't seem to wrap my head around how to do the wiring . It is probably very simple , and once i get my nose pointed in the right direction , i'll likely bang my forehead with something heavy . My appologies if this subject has allready been discussed in depth , i just haven't found it yet . Hoping for and thanking in advance for a helping hand ,

cheers

Kim

I have been using the search function in order to learn more about the possibility of using a balance-control and a stereo potentiometer or attenuator .

What i have found is a consensus that two mono controls will suffice , in some cases a stereo volume control is favoured over the possibility of adjusting balance alltogether . Well , i would like to be able to adjust balance without fiddling with two knobs at the same time . My problem is that i can't seem to wrap my head around how to do the wiring . It is probably very simple , and once i get my nose pointed in the right direction , i'll likely bang my forehead with something heavy . My appologies if this subject has allready been discussed in depth , i just haven't found it yet . Hoping for and thanking in advance for a helping hand ,

cheers

Kim

Please check your PM

Disabled Account
Joined 2008
B1 balance control

Thank you Nelson and Kpsthakur for responding :)

I have given the matter a lot more consideration and decided to complete the first B1 the way it was concieved by the Maestro . I've had two Khozmo mono attenuators sitting around for the longest time and it would be a shame not to put them to good use . That way i can keep wiring as short and uncluttered as possible as well . That said , i have another Passdiy pcb and fets-kit in the drawer and i 'll use that for further experimentation at a later stage .
I'll try to educate myself more on the subject ; after all i can read a set of line-drawings and a table of offsets and build a boat from there . Darned if i shouldn't be able to figure out some wiring as well ;)

Cheers

Kim