B1 Buffer Preamp

We were thinking of shipping a body bag over to BA.
You guys are required to check the temperature and USPS the thing back to Serbia before he starts to melt.

(I was informed, off the record, that ZM will be releasing the Stinky, the companion of the already introduced Shiny. After that, the BarF-What is scheduled.)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
wackoo place - this Pass board

ya ppl nutz - seems that OT virus is spreading :rofl:

anyway -
@Jaccovitty - I feel jeopardy ......... slight possibility that some terrorists can grab bodybag , and force me for good to keep my finger in dutchie tide fence ........ :clown:

( I heard some sayings that in dutchland is harder and harder to find adequate wackoos for that job :cool: )

dw8083 said:
I just love this forum and the participants here.

Within an hour or two members started reverse engineering the B1 from Nelson's acute angled picture. The forum will have self-documented the DIY article before Nelson publishes it.

Prediction:

Choky will have a complete circuit and boards with customized improvements made shortly called the BBF (Best B1 First), or ABC Pre for "Another B1 from Choky" or something!

People here are simply great! Cannot wait for the upcoming BurningAmp in October again.

-David

:D

Babowana said:

Anyhow, the holes should be filled in.. by the right ones..

Nelson Pass said:

I used the hole for the switch...

Yeah, the problem is when you want to put two things and have only one hole :D . So, the switch got a priority. No blue LED. Or, maybe, as the buffer is supossed to be the "invisible" piece in the signal chain, there should be no indication that it's there, no? :D

Babowana said:
It looks having two inputs:

(1) Passive pre with no buffer
(2) Passive pre with the buffer

and one output to the power...

I'd say:

(1) Passive pre with the buffer-with the volume control
(2) Passive pre with the buffer-without volume control. i.e. just a plain buffer.

P.s.

Jacco, I like these switches! :devilr: