B1 Buffer Preamp

I was looking around for quite some time trying to find a simple buffer to drive my high gain power amplifier and now I am really interested about this B1 project, so Mr. Pass are there any news about it?

Will it contain also volume control and selector as complete preamp unit?

Reactions: 1 user
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
There is a full DIY article scheduled to appear on EnjoytheMusic.com
at the beginning of July.

Also, you will shortly be able to buy one.

It looks like this from the outside:

Attachments

• fp2 sm.jpg
    fp2 sm.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 43,681
Zen Mod said:
besides fuglyness ..... interesting ...... input cap , output cap , comp. jfet buff as in Papa's Lightspeed , single voltage supply ?

less is more :D :Popworm:

To me it looks like there 's no input cap, just an output one. Those small blue square things look like local decoupling PSU caps?

Maybe my eyes are deceiving me...:Popworm:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Vix said:

To me it looks like there 's no input cap, just an output one. Those small blue square things look like local decoupling PSU caps?

Maybe my eyes are deceiving me...:Popworm:

ya remember that all roads goes/leads to Rome ......... or - that's milion and one way to skin the cat :clown:

so - there is just no need to guess exactexactexact topology ......

besides that - you know that Papa must make it foolproof , because he sells them ......

I just love this forum and the participants here.

Within an hour or two members started reverse engineering the B1 from Nelson's acute angled picture. The forum will have self-documented the DIY article before Nelson publishes it.

Prediction:

Choky will have a complete circuit and boards with customized improvements made shortly called the BBF (Best B1 First), or ABC Pre for "Another B1 from Choky" or something!

People here are simply great! Cannot wait for the upcoming BurningAmp in October again.

-David

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
dw8083 said:
I just love this forum and the participants here.

Within an hour or two members started reverse engineering the B1 from Nelson's acute angled picture. The forum will have self-documented the DIY article before Nelson publishes it.

Prediction:

Choky will have a complete circuit and boards with customized improvements made shortly called the BBF (Best B1 First), or ABC Pre for "Another B1 from Choky" or something!

People here are simply great! Cannot wait for the upcoming BurningAmp in October again.

-David

naah .......

I just dropped entirely messing with electronic .... Papa already made everything I can even imagine :clown: .........

waidaminid............. I still have my toobz .......... :rofl:

seriously - Papa already sez lately everything needed to make nice and not complicated buff stage

my comments here were/are just my another expression of wackoo :worship:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
dw8083 said:
Sorry for off topic.... Choky, are you coming to Burning Amp this year? I hope so! You were missed last year.

-David

tnx for nice words , but I think that I'll be missed this year too , except in case that I find some unexpected funds :clown: .....

anyway - do not worry - I'll do everything I can on two fronts :

1 . I'll hate ya all in these days (same as first time )
2.I'll do everything I can to rise my overall financial situation in next period , so my presence on BAF No.3 should enormously rise overall importance of Festival .....

:rofl:

(ps . if nothing else - I'll try to send Brunhilde to AR2 , for presentation ;) )