BOSOZ nearing completion/Aleph 5 just beginning.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
I'm almost finished wiring up my BZLS and plan on doing some testing tomorrow morning. This project, while based on a simple circuit, has gotten way out of hand. I decided to use a fully balanced remote control/input selector/volume attenuator kit from Welborne labs as well as a separate powersupply. With all the trouble that has been going around with Welborne, I hope this expensive kit actually works!

I have also assembled all the parts for Aleph 5 monos and construction will hopefully begin tomorrow. I really like Mark Finnis' build and plan on following his pcb design. My plan is to follow most of the suggestions from "how to better an Aleph".

I will be using the following per channel:

Avel-Lindberg 625VA 30-0-30
4xNichicon 10Kuf 80V caps + 4 x Hitachi 47Kuf 80V caps Both from Apex JR.
These will be housed in two separate chassis the first will contain the IXYS diodes, toroid and the CLC (10kuf, 2.7mH, 10kuf) then it will go via an umbilical to the main "amplifier" chassis which will house the 47kuf caps in a CRC configuration.

I have a somewhat unorthodox plan for the amp chassis. I plan to have the heatsink fully exposed with the pcb mounted parallel to the sink with a piece of plexi or acrylic (the same size as the heatsink) covering the pcb. The sinks are not optimal but they are what I have so we will see. They are 15.5" x 18.5" x 1.5". I have two.

the caps are all nichicon and wima and the resistors are all dale.

more pics to follow
Nate:smash:

Attachments

• chassis layout copy.jpg
    chassis layout copy.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 396
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.