Favorite Threads and Posts in "Pass Labs"

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Favorite Threads and Posts in this Forum

This permanent thread is a place for links to threads or posts in this particular forum that are useful and/or exemplify the best of DIY Audio.

This is so others- especially newer members can find them. Feel free to post with these links and a brief comment on what the thread discusses Occasionally the moderators will consolidate them into fewer posts.

Hi Variac,

This is a great idea although it's going to take a lot of effort for people to recall and/or root out those core threads. Finding the really seminal posts will be an even greater challenge.

Two threads that I believe are really important are "The Aleph-X" and "UGS adventures". I would also go through the site and pick out Nelson Pass threads that present new DIY projects such as the Zens.

Cheers,
Graeme

Amp advice

Hi every One,

Til this day I have been building tube amps.
I am now thinking to build a Pass Amp delivering clean 50-100W (75W perfect) into 4 ohms. Class A. Or maybe a 845 PP tube amp. Decisions, decisions.

My Magnepans (MG12QR) highlight the power limitation of my 15W Williamson. And I plan the purchase of a pair of MG3.6.

Which model would you recommend? Aleph-X or Aleph 5 (60W)? Of course, the amp has to have that sweet tube sound :D What else?

Thanks for your advice.

Serge