Mr. Pass, do you have a wishlist?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm the process of putting together an Aleph. It's huge fun, and at the end of it I may end up with killer amps (presuming I don't mess anything up) -- all thanks to the very generous spirit of Mr. Pass who goes through the financial and legal hassle of designing things, patenting them, and then helping people copy them. So I could end up with great equipment without ever having paid a cent to Nelson, which kind of bothers me.
It's like Nelson has given a gift, and I may wish to reciprocate -- so would it not be an idea for him to start a little 'wishlist' somewhere (like you can do on the amazon site), where people could have the option of spending the equivalent of 2 mosfets, so that Nelson occasionally gets a surprise package in the post now and again containing that CD he's always been curious about listening to but never got around to ordering?

Just a thought, and sorry in advance if this old ground that has already been gone over.

In the reality your statments sound a little strange and if you put it like this i think that the sense of this forum looses a little bit of its sense.
Nevertheless i understand the good spirit of your post and i do agree with you!
Nelson is a very generous person.
He always takes the time to reply everybody that asks for his advice; he helps people with troubleshouting problems and moreover he shares with us his marvelous projects.

I think this is a nice idea ...even thought ....ehehe....i think he has possibility to buy whatever he likes.....ehehe......but.....is it not the gest that counts?and so.....let's see how the forum respondes at this thing.

Anyways.....if it wasn't still clear......i'll be glad to take part of it!

:cool:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
:clown:

Attachments

• pc.jpg
    pc.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 681
Nelson, how about a GaN power JFET capable of dissipating 1KW at a reasonable price. Doesn't come close to world peace, but it would be a nice consolation prize. I'm pretty sure my friends at HRL in Malibu, CA could make you a couple, but you wouldn't like the price tag. (They are also pretty busy making satellite parts for DirecTV. Oh well.)

shallbehealed said:

I think DIY is the only way to do it.

Which is why it is difficult, as only things worth actually reaching are truly difficult. One 'o dem old axioms, etc.

My preferred method:

http://www.globalorgasm.org/

And Nelson, that thing we spoke briefly on the phone about (a few months ago, I asked your opinion), that is going forward. Likely it will be a totally open enterprise. ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.