Jfet BOZ

Hello everyone and sorry for my bad English.
some time ago I bought the "JFET Boz" of JimsAudio that I would like to build. i have a transformer with double secondary (0-15V and 0-24v).
the 0-15v does go already the diamond buffer headamp of Sijosae.
now the question: the JFET Boz of JimsAudio can work with a voltage of 24V AC , if I am not mistaken, after the rectification bridge and filter capacitors will be 32-33v DC ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

rob

Jims Audio PCB

I have got the PCB from Jims Audio, too. I just want to buy the necessary parts. In the part list of Jim is D6 not required. Therefore I just need a piece of wire, or?

On the photo at the website is just one Zener diode and not 4 as required in the part list or at the PCB! Has anyone assembled this PCB and can help?

Has anyone experience with this PCB and how is the quality of the power supply?

Last edited:
I have got the PCB from Jims Audio, too. I just want to buy the necessary parts. In the part list of Jim is D6 not required. Therefore I just need a piece of wire, or?

No, nothing on D6

In this photos I have replaced the diodes by a TL431 circuit (For fine tuning the V supply)

8079542463_3ef8a8de13_b.jpg

8079541999_cb8df03d5d_b.jpg

6253502956_22b44799aa_b.jpg

6253513450_dd31f15b22_b.jpg

Nice idea with the little TL431 PCB! Does it work as you planned?

Yes, work as planned :) , with a distortion analyzer (Or a pc with a fft program) I can tune for the lowest distortion (0,5V can be the difference between 0,7% or 0,05%)

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/103050-jfet-boz-104.html#post2574557

@tinitus: the chinese are copying anything. Not innovative but cheap.

Actually is a copy of Manu's board

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/103050-jfet-boz-16.html#post1231338

After reading the post from Tschrama with the table of Idss and voltage I have seen that my 2SK170 that I've got from a group buy have 4.9 mA so I can expect a THD of about 2% at around 8V.

I think it would be better to get new ones that have an Idss of about >8 mA! Anyone who can sell 4 or 8 pieces of them?

Last edited:
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Asking Too Much

I'm asking too much out of my BOZ-J. With 16v supply, it's driving a MOX II and F5 and SIT 5w amp.

I don't really want a new preamp right now. I like the BOZ-J and what it can do. I'd like to increase the power supply without increasing distortion, and further still, keep it in the "sweet spot".

I don't have a distortion analyzer, so anyone who has build a BOZ-J with a higher supply, what have you found to be a good setting of votage and current?

Thanks,

Vince

Can anyone post the voltage that is needed to drive my 2SK170s with 4.9mA Idss to lowest distortion? I don't have any measurement equipment for this and my ears are too old and used to decide it by sound. :(

With a pc, a sound card and a fft program you can measure the distortion.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/mult...basic-dumb-free-fft-measurement-software.html

Just with a sinus tone at the preamp input (for example 1 kHz) and the preamp output connected to "line in" of the sound card, you can see the tone and his harmonics. You need just move the value of the voltage supply for get the lowest harmonic amount