Another diy-pearl...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi... I just finished my pearl, a week ago, so i throught it would be a good idea to 'show it off' here - I like it :cool:

The input is mounted with a little dipswitch, so that i could switch between input-resistance load. My pickup likes 15k Ohm. Eventually look at this very interessted thread

HERE

The enclosures are diy, with oak-sides and 'unfinished' face plates. The one at the top is the pearl, the other below is the psu, which should contain other things as well, in the future. I just finished it as it is, so that i could listen to it ;)

I recently bought a very worn-out thorens td316, which i cleaned up, and mounted a new belt-drive, along with a grado silver prestige pickup.

I have used the pearl layout, which cviller made, and i am very satisfied with the sound of it. Thanx cviller, also for helping me a bit with this.

I have no anoying 'hum or hiss' from my setup, which i connected, with the ground meeting at the output, as mentioned in the pearl-papers. Compared to another relatively expencive riaa stage, the sound is sooo much better from the pearl... But most surprising me, was the 'no hum' which the pearl gives me !!!

Jesper :cool:

I will post some picture's along

Attachments

• finish.jpg
    finish.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 1,184
Stefanoo wrote :

how did you make your board?
Did you do it on your own...with UV impression?

I hand draw them with a 'dalo' pen, and a normal 'etch' ;)
I draw both channel's at the same time, and when etching was done, i seperated them.
The PSU part i 'designed' myself, for fitting with my caps, and very-fast diodes (I think grinsssh...)

Jesper.

Attachments

• pcbshowoff.jpg
    pcbshowoff.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 886
Hello, I just want to show the completed assambly of my pearl + dac + switchbox !

The switchbox just make's some timedelay before switching on poweramp('s), all diy, and selfconstructed in this box ;) So only thing to do, when turning on my stereo is 1 switch, and no mistakes could be made... The box contains as follows : 1 psu 11,12Vdc for my DAC, 1 psu for the pass pearl and some switching relay's including timercircuit x2 !

First picture is at that switchbox.

lykkedk said:
Hello, I just want to show the completed assambly of my pearl + dac + switchbox !

The switchbox just make's some timedelay before switching on poweramp('s), all diy, and selfconstructed in this box ;) So only thing to do, when turning on my stereo is 1 switch, and no mistakes could be made... The box contains as follows : 1 psu 11,12Vdc for my DAC, 1 psu for the pass pearl and some switching relay's including timercircuit x2 !

First picture is at that switchbox.

Brilliant idea with a switchbox. Better look into a thing like that sometime. For now, only I do the ON/OFF:eek:

Steen:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.