aleph xono advise

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there!
I am building an xono and I finished the power supply's. I made them hardwired. I can't get more out of them than a maximum of between 23,4V and 24,6. And for what I read it has to be +/- 30V. Where do I get the other 6 V. Its a regulated supply with lm317/337. The capacitance is 4 x 15000 uF each supply. I am using a schuro shielded trafo 64VA with 2 x 30V secundair. Should I change the resisting value with a lower pot, say 1K? They are now 5K. thanks allready for the answer. Have a nice weekend, Teake

Hi Teake,

With the information you've given it's hard to tell. What is you're psu configuration? Is it crc, clc, or something else?

Assuming that you're not drawing excess current somewhere and the voltage off the rectifier is somewhere near +/- 42 V (1,4*30), you're losing a total of 18 V per rail. What is the voltage potential across the 317/337's? What is the voltage of the psu without the xono circuit attached (use a dummyload of something like 2k/3W)

If you could post a schematic with component values and voltage measurements, you might get more answers.

regards,

Joris

Hi teake,

Ok, the voltage after the rectifier is good. In the schematic you've posted i notice different values for capacitance from what you posted first (4*15mf). Are the values in the schematic the same as actually used? What is the value of the resistors r5/r6 you've actually used?

Could you give a voltage reading from the input of the regulators (317/337) to ground?

regards,

Joris

I take from your post that you did not initially calculate the values for R1 & P1 ?? They form a voltage divider which determines the output voltage as multiples of the reference voltage, all very straight forward and easy to understand, so please review the formula in the datasheet again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.