opinions Requested on Xover caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am building a pair of Seas Thors, small version. I would like to build my own Xovers as the network schematics don't look too dificult to follow and I can upgrade from the Madisound premium Xovers and burn my fingers with a soldering station at the same time :D Without getting into the crazy high end $$$ caps like Mundorf supreme silver / gold or Duelund VSF, Does anyone have personal experience with the Clarity caps? The price seems to be too good to be true. I have read the reviews from Tony Gee's Humble website (great site BTW) but am looking for a second opinion. Perhaps the Hovland or sonic caps?
I have searched and read a few threads but would appreciate your input and thoughts. Oh yeah, what type of wire to connect posts to Xovers and Xovers to drivers? Kinda lost on this one..

Thanks all,
Ron

I just used them and I love them. The Clarity Caps are a great cap for the money, and you will notice that on the Humble Hifo website, he rates the very affordable SA range as highly as the much more expensive Silver/oil Mundorfs. Take his advice and bypass all the large value caps. I used some Phillips polystyrenes I got, and some Wima Film and Foils as well, depending on application and what I had. They sound great. I wouldn't go nuts with the capacitors, I mean, I had a hard time hearing a difference between the inductors I used, I had a hard time with the resistors, but Capacitors seemed to me, to have the largest effect on the sound. It may have been because it was having a larger effect on the highs, I don't know. I've only really compared them with the Solens, Daytons, and Jantzens, and I like them better than all of those.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.