Technics suv4x

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First thread for me - EVER.
Just off the flee market after buying a nice and cleaned technics suv4x amp.
Considering myself a seasoned electronis engineer with lots ( apperantly not long enough ) of experiance i bought this at about 15$ knowing I can't fail this.
And o did i fall.
The thing was previosly dealt by an expert: the power section -which is a double class A amp in a single package was missing. And certainly unavailable anymore exept for imprint copycats.
Has anyone done a convertion to chipamp with good results to a similar amp?
Its so nice inside - with heat piping and good power supply -shame to throw it away - not to mention the loss of face and faith in myself.
I know I deserve it
but seriously now - anyone with similar problem/ answer?

Dovi

$15 !! Looks like a great bargin assuming the PS and parts still work.

" ... Has anyone done a convertion to chipamp with good results to a similar amp? ... Its so nice inside - with heat piping and good power supply -shame to throw it away ..."

I can't find any decent pictures online of the interior of your suv4x, but FYI: I did a nice similar upgrade to an old Crown amp using power MOSFET mudules ( http://3dotaudio.com/ampics.html ) ... keeping all the perfectly useful hardware and torrid xformer, etc.

(IMOP: discrete input power MOSFET amps sound somewhat better than "chip amps" ... but others may disagree.)

:smash:

technics,sux90

hi dovi
I too bought a second hand technics amp su x90 a few day back and thought i could repair it. When i opened it everything was intact but when i powered it up there was no display on the FLT and none of the micro swithces on the front panel is working.The front panel is fully digitally controlled. I also change the chip lm6402h(microcomputer chip,RAM,ROM etc.)throught which wires of the swithces are comming but there was no result after tinkering for 3-4 days.The output IC svi2004a is ok as it is giving the output hissing when i touch the inputs with a pair of twizzers.
Now i m out of ideas in finding the fault and there's no working su-x90 nearby to swap the components to find out the faulty one and i dont have the schematic of amp. If any of the friend of diy community have the schematic plea.........se mail it to me at aman_4g@yahoo.com
I have seen a part of the schematic of su v4x amp.It also use the svi2004a (class a amp) chip.This amp has rotary controls on the front panel whereas the su x90 has got digital controls and a cute dispaly of spectrum analyser and 7 band graphic equalizer controlled by lm6402h chip.
Aman,india

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.