what kind of source selector switch???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am finishing mt Aikido preamp. Yes, there are a few issues with hum right now, which I hope to deal with soon.

Anyhow in the meantime, I am thinking about my source selector switch. My current passive preamp uses a 2-pole 6 position Elma switch. It works very well. I also have an Alps 50K pot wired in shunt mode.

My plan is to move the selector switch to the Aikido and add a 100K stepped attenuator. I will use the switch from the passive.

My question is whether I should buy a 4-pole switch for the Aikido so that I can select/deselect each channel's signal gnd, or whether a common gnd between different channels will make any difference. As I say, the current common gnd works really well already.

Maybe I should even consider simply replacing the 50K pot in my passive with a 100K stepped and using the passive as selector/volume for the Aikido preamp?

Thanks,
Charlie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.