caps and values

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, I'll just say this:
a while back i got a few bags of capcitors in 5 values, about 200/bag. the caps are rated at +-10%.
i tested one bag and picked out the ones closest in values.

this is xmas vaction, so i can't retest them until next semester.

do poly (forgot what comes after poly...) caps keep their values and is there any market at all for the excess tested caps. most of the caps tested within a certain percentage of about 10-20 other caps, but i won't need all of them. I know this is more of a trading post section, but i don't want to post that i have something that i really don't (if the caps change values), or if i have something worthless. as a student, i figure i could sell off the excess caps and even test the other bags if it would allow me to purchase other things that i would get use out of.

does it seem feasable to sell "tested" capacitors for a small profit, possibly even for the price radio shack sells caps for (or even half that)? I was even thinking of putting some on ebay, but i'm not confident that they are worth it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.