CHEAP heatsinks in UK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have good news and bad

the good news is i contacted the aavid rep and because of the relitavly smally quantity i wanted, he arranged to send me some sample heatsinks free of charge, these should arrive soonish.

the bad news is with the recent excitement about the gainclones, i have decided to build one of them insead so i dont need a heatsink. however i will probably keep them for a larger project because they are quite good (0.2c/w). Aleph perhaps?

Aavid in Swindon

I worked at Cheney Manor in Swindon for many years and passed by Aavid everyday. This is before I had any interest in building class A amplifiers ... had I only realized back then.

Now I'm in SoCal so knowing where they are isn't really of any use except for making me a little homesick. That is until I remeber that Cheney Manor is next to the Swindon Sewage plant. There could be a terrible pen & ink(*) going to work some mornings.

Regards
13th Duke of Wymbourne

* 'pen & ink' is rhyming slang for a fearful miasma.

Free Heatsinks!!

Hi fezz,

Free heatsinks! How did you manage that? The search for inexpensive heatsinks for my Aleph 5 has brought the build to a halt for several weeks now, so the idea of free heatsinks of 0.2C/W capability is something I want to pursue!

Any idea what profile the Aavid rep. is sending? How many? Ideally, I'm looking for 4 pieces (2 for each monoblock case, 1 each side). If you have the rep's name and number that would be most helpful.

Cheers

Paul

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.