inrush current limiters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Help, i'm looking for a keystone CL-60 thermistor. They have them at Digikey but with the minimum order rules and being a Canadian, I'd be looking at a bundle of $$$$. This device is to limit the start up current to my Leach superamp. If anyone knows where I can get one, please fill me in.
Cheers----

So then, if using the NTC on the primary side, what specs does one look at when choosing the specific device? Is it fair to assume that the resistance of such a device reaches a minimum when passing a specific amount of current?

For example, to use this device on a power tranny primary, which is rated as 150 mA, which device would be optimal, and why?

Thanks for entertaining the curiosity.

Bryan

Sound too simple. :)

What is steady state current with a power amp? I thinking of the dynamic demands of musical sources; a lot of the simple an amp is loafing and then there is a sudden demand that takes you to clipping. Do you select for max current assuming the caps are fully charged already? This seems like the right way. Any comments.

If these work they sure beat some elaborate schememes I've seen involving inductors, relay and whatnot.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.