My Transistors, original or copy?

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi grunf,
The two "667" are fake for sure. The lettering was not sharp and clear like those, and the "667" would have been labeled "D667". Same for the "C3117", the lettering is far too neatly done. They used stamps back then, not a laser.

I have noticed that most fakes have beta in the area of 200. There must be a standard die everyone is using or something along those lines.

-Chris

I know this is an old thread, but I have to ask, perhaps rhetorically...if Chinese manufacturers are geared up to produce transistors, why not make them as well as the originals?? As it is, all their products are now suspect, and have given themselves a bad name. I would gladly pay a premium price for quality, Toshiba -like units, rather than take a chance on substandard crap. It doesn't make sense! Having said that, I think I do have some repro Jfets in a preamp I built, and it sounds great IMHO. We'll see long term.

I have strange outcomes the TL072 chips are not original or reprints, I get voltage from the input and the output clips the wrong way compare with simulation.

I think the opamps are bjt versions, I have jfet need, also the opa3234 are nog original because building and sim does not match at all.

I do not now why these chinese does rip people, is this the country we get mobile G5 from? very unwise.

Yes. But they make really good network gear.

Then she can also make good parts and need this country to do something about that. Mybe it is better to build G5 into modems of homes, that way we can make a very cheap network, just the phone steps from home to home when walking to a street while you app of calling.

But we not allowed to go into politics so I have to buy other ones, now here on a local store.

do you now these seller, alice1101983 it is top rated plus, how I find a trustable seller on ebay?.

Last edited:
Hello, and sorry to interrupt, but:

I try to get going with sourcing parts for an ACA (as a rehearsal).
Most of everything is self-explanatory, but the active parts (JFets and Mosfets) aren't so.

Anyway, I just found this here:
[special=2SK170 Price & Stock | DigiPart]%[/special]

they sell Toshiba 2SK170 for $ 0.19.

There must be something I didn't get?

who's they?
Utsource sells fake ones for that price....

DigiPart is just a search engine for electronic parts. The various companies they list are the ones actually doing the selling.

Some of them will be selling counterfeits. Some of them are reputable (Rochester, NJSemi, etc.). Some of them will deal with small purchases. Some of them won't. Most of them aren't matching, so if you need matched you'd need to buy enough to pool.

Cheers,
Jeff.