My Transistors, original or copy?

Interesting. Datasheet only specifies full length pins.
But usually they can be ordered bent/cut according to customer needs. So it would be a custom ordered batch then.
But then the date code, it is not mentioned in the datasheet, but Fairchild/On-semi should be YWW, and also somewhere it says that Y is last digit of year. In that case J is not a valid year :)
Also the date code is very far to the right side...almost too close to edge. Again, not sure about any specification on location.

Anyway I did not find any detailed info on this so maybe someone else is wiser?

@jlithen Thank you, I could not find that YWW info on the web...

I've never come across cropped leads either but I would say that companies like Nikko probably buy up unused and perhaps custom parts and so it may well be OK.

It might be interesting to give one a rub with a solvent and see if any other markings appear underneath.

@Mooly I was thinking the same on the cropped leads... When I ordered, the first package didn't arrive 3 weeks... probably COVID mess. They sent a new pair that I got in a week. After 5 weeks I got the first envelope also, so now I have a spare that I can crack open to see the wafer.
It would help to know if Nikko is to be trusted but I'm rationalizing that no company in the UK would survive 40 yrs selling fakes...

I have recently bought Fairchild KSE340/350 from Nikko Electronics UK. I have been warned those look fake. Those 340s came short leged but under a magnifier, they look like factory cut. There is zink on the bottom. Has anyone seen such cut legs from factory?!?!
Any opinions, perhaps measurements that would help to compare?

If the parts have clean nice and new looking pins, then possible fake, short pins can mean she get them from boards and resell, maybe then these are real

I did say before we need to have suppliers who are trustable and set them here, nut most of them get parts from others and do not even now she are fakes because of lack of electronic knowledge.

Here are the pics:
KSE340

1. Measurement
2. Front
3. Back
4. Inside (halo from magnifier glass)

Attachments

• KSE340 measurements.jpg
    KSE340 measurements.jpg
    383.8 KB · Views: 316
  • KSE340 inside2.jpg
    KSE340 inside2.jpg
    709.3 KB · Views: 149
  • KSE340 inside1.jpg
    KSE340 inside1.jpg
    657.6 KB · Views: 301
  • KSE340 Back.jpg
    KSE340 Back.jpg
    531.1 KB · Views: 315
  • KSE340 Front 2.jpg
    KSE340 Front 2.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 312
  • KSE340 Front 1.jpg
    KSE340 Front 1.jpg
    449.2 KB · Views: 333
Vojvodina? been there in past, our cook did live there, I have friends in belgrade.
Have working in a serbian restaurant, in 1983, long ago, cooking with the chef who is unfortune not longer with us...

These transistors looks bad for me, but I do not now.

It is a shame china does nothing about it.

regards

Attachments

• DSC_0328.jpg
    DSC_0328.jpg
    441.1 KB · Views: 142
Toshiba 2sa1145

Hi guys

I tested some 2sa1145 in mu dac pro curve tracer .
Happens that in the IC/VCE graph comparing to the datasheet at IB= 100uA (0.1 ma) the curve stops at VCE= 1 v .

images in attachment

Does this means they are fake or i am missing something?

this is the first time i use a curve tracer.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• toshiba 1145.jpg
    toshiba 1145.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 111
  • dc pro 1145.jpg
    dc pro 1145.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 78
You know those have been in production in almost 30 years. They disappeared when the C3281 was still in widespread use. I doubt there are that many real ones left in stock on the planet. Those don’t look anything like any Toshiba device ever produced. I bet they don’t have the “figure 8” coin insert in the bottom side, either.

The only real ones you will find nowadays are pulls - and you’ll have a problem getting them out of the owner/hoarder’s cold dead hands except to repair a vintage amp which had them originally. For sale anywhere? Probably not for less than $100 apiece.

If building a new amp, just use MJ15024 or MJ21194.

What do u guys think? real or fake? Came out of a kit so i am 50/50 on this.
ON njw0302

The wafer is about 6.3mm, seems to be about the right size..

That one looks real enough to me. It is the right size die, and they are using a copper lead frame (and a very thick solder die attach). There is something else wrong with your amplifier, you just have t found it yet.

Please give me your opinion (real or fake) for the two TIP35C shown in the pictures on the left. The four other devices (middle and right) were purchased from Mouser (authorized distributor).

I have included capacitance measurements and the voltage drop when configured as a base-collector connected diode. Perhaps not the best test but I had the equipment for it and I thought 25A TIP35C should handle 8-9A and 1-2V for a few seconds.

The grey (left) volt meter is measuring the current (the voltage drop over the 1 Ohm series resistor.)

The red (right) volt meter is measuring the voltage across the base-collector connected diode. (Voltage from BC to E.)

Attachments

• Front of TIP35C Left Ebay Middle Mouser 2020 Right Mouser 2002.jpg
    Front of TIP35C Left Ebay Middle Mouser 2020 Right Mouser 2002.jpg
    1,018.3 KB · Views: 202
  • Back of TIP35C Left Ebay Middle Mouser 2020 Right Mouser 2002.jpg
    Back of TIP35C Left Ebay Middle Mouser 2020 Right Mouser 2002.jpg
    762.3 KB · Views: 148
  • Test of Ebay TIP35C.jpg
    Test of Ebay TIP35C.jpg
    1,022.8 KB · Views: 142
  • Test of Mouser 2020 TIP35C.jpg
    Test of Mouser 2020 TIP35C.jpg