Selector switch

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I posted this in the “everything else” forum and didn’t get much of response, maybe someone here can help out.

I’m looking for a 4 position rotary switch to build an A/V selector. Does anyone know of a suitable switch I can use? Do I need 6 pole to separate all the grounds or can I make them common for each component?

I would just like to build a simple box with 4 inputs ,1 output and a rotary switch to select different source components.

Thanks,
Rick

Old fine

I have started using some really nice old switches. These are Centralab steatite bodied switches. The contacts are all silver plated.
On ebay these sell for anywhere from 2.00 to 10.00. A dual pole, 4 postion switch non-shorting.
I like to wire mine up like Croft does their preamps. Use an old number of positions, and wire every other position as a ground. This makes muting real easy. I have used both shorting and non-shorting types.

George

Rnickl,
You are in the same area I am in.
There's a very high quality 4pole nonshorting grayhill switch that is sold at Anchor electronics for only a few bucks. It would serve your purpose well. Look them up or shot me an email and I can direct you there.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.