This PS should work as intended, right?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am building a balanced amplifier that takes a single voltage input (onboard railsplitter and buffered vgnd), so was planning to use a slight variation on Carlos Filipe's Snubbed LM338 design, but with an onboard buffered railsplitter to provide the +/-18v needed by the DRV134 BLDs I have (digi01 boards). I am going to be using the 250VA 30v+30v Avel toroidal transformer from Parts Express, with the secondaries paralleled, which I will then rectify, and have 2 regulators sitting on that, the snubbed LM338, and a basic LM317 as shown in the datasheet to bring the rectified dc voltage (should be ~42v-diode losses, so about 40.5v or so, right?) down to exactly 36v, and then split that with a buffered TLE2426 for the BLDs, while the main amps uses the output of the LM338.

For the most part, I am pretty confident that this will work, but the one thing I am unsure of is whether the virtual ground will be stable, or would it require a seperate transformer? It seems like it should work to me, but I havnt done anything like this ever before, and cant find reference to something like this either. The voltage from the LM317 will be a fixed 36vdc, while the output of the LM338 will be usually 36vdc, but I will probably have it adjustable via trim pot instead of using fixed values.

I realize that the above was a bit garbled, but hopefully the schematic and board layout is enough for someone to tell if it will work to give out 36v and +/-18v.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

M3XLRPS.png

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.