surplus Trannie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hi folks

Whilst sorting through a load of bits and bobs, I found an old ILP toroidal trannie. It measures out as 62-0-62 rectified but unloaded, I guess it would be about 55-0-55 loaded, and from the size I would guess it's about 300va. Anyone any ideas for what I could use this for, ( apart from a paperweight :) )?

With less load it would go to say 60 V. That would make a nice Aleph P transformer without regulation but lots of C. A BoSoZ would also be an option for dual 60 V rails without regulators but maybe a CRC PSU.

At that voltage also it would probably be a good PS for the Leach amp (+/- 58 V).

If using the windings in parallell then a Zen V4 pushing the limit of the transformer (or lowering bias according to article) would be within reach I think. Slightly higher regulation losses though.

/UrSv

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.