Horrible sound on startup

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone.

I have this problem, when I start my preamp (an audiolab 8000A using the pre aouts) it makes an horrible sound which is fed full force into the amps. Sometimes I forget to turn off the amps when turning on the pra amp. Last time this happend it made spagetthi out of my ribbon speakers, less fun.

My question is, is there some kind of curcuit that could protect the amps while the pre amp is starting. I guess this has to do with caps being charged. When starting the 8000A (using the built in amp) I need to wait 10-15 seconds before any sound is heard. A click is heard which I guess is an relay switching on the signal to the amps. Something like that would be nice to have since I am building my own pre amp right now.

Thanks in advance,

/Björn

P.S. I hav tried to find something about this in the fourum, but well I have really no idea what to look for D.S.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.