Pinout diagram needed for M-Audio 2496 DB9 connector

Thanks for the info.
Any tip on what kind of cables do I need for spdif in/out, and midi's?
Coaxial cable 75 Ohm or just plain cu cables?
Mic cable or something else?
Don't need to be specific about brands, cos I'm sure that I can't get it in my part of wood.

Me too: THANKS VERY MUCH!

Hi,
I just wanted to chime in and express my gratitude as well to the original poster of this information (and to DIY Audio for keeping it archived and available!)
I found an M-Audio AP2496 at a thrift store (!) - no breakout cable included of course, and am just recently putting it to use. Although it is a discontinued product, M-Audio still has updated drivers available, and so far, the card performs very well in my Win7 x64 machine. Hopefully, I can build this breakout cable to route the S/PDIF output to a DAC on my house stereo system.
Wilf

Hi, Im doing my own cable now, thanks of your usefull information ;)

I have a simple cable that is 2 conector + shield (Im only want DB9 from maudio card to MIDI IN to my e-drum), So, my question is if this is right? I need conect de shield in any point or just, like de pinout said, 9 and 5 (dbi9) to 4 n 5 (midi in)?

Cheers

Hi, Im doing now my own cable thanks you for this usefull info ;)
Also, I have this question; I have a simple cable with 2 cable + shield (cause I just want a db9 from my m-audio and Midi in to my e drums) So, ¿just conect, like the pinout said, 9 and 5 (db9) to 4 n 5 (midi in)? I need conect the shield or anything else?

Cheers

Thanks a ton for these information.
I've bought this card from a guy online, and it didn't come with the breakout cable. However, I didn't need it becouse I had a usb midi device. It happened that it recently broke, so I had to ask a friend of mine to make this cable. He made it, but as I only needed it for Midi IN/OUT, he had only done it as a 9 pin to MIDI.
Unfortunately, it doesn't work.

I know that it's a long gone thread, but could someone explain what could go wrong? Does it have to connect SPDIF as well as MIDI? In the meantime, I sent him the pinout diagram, who knows, maybe he got the wirings wrong.
Cheers