Mundorf Silver-in-Oil Capacitors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After knowing the Mundorf capacitor for some time, I finally decieded to purchase few for trial last week. I received them last night. I had it replace the Jensen 0.1uF paper in oil coupling capacitor in my Monarchy M22B DAC.

When the music is on, I was amazed how open and brilliant it sounds. It has much more detailed sounds compared to Jensen.

May be this is my first impression but I am rather surpurised how the coupling capacitor could make such big difference.

Johnny

kmtang said:
After knowing the Mundorf capacitor for some time, I finally decieded to purchase few for trial last week. I received them last night. I had it replace the Jensen 0.1uF paper in oil coupling capacitor in my Monarchy M22B DAC.

When the music is on, I was amazed how open and brilliant it sounds. It has much more detailed sounds compared to Jensen.

May be this is my first impression but I am rather surpurised how the coupling capacitor could make such big difference.

Johnny

I think that Mundorf are just rebadged SCR capacitors?

Cheers,

Terry

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.