Age-old Power MOSFETS again...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all,

This is my first post here, so hi all! My first question is to do with Power MOSFETS again... I know this may have been answered before, but I can't find it in the search engine! Basically, my question relates to the difference between the 2SK1058 and the BUZ900DP... Since the BUZ900DP is a double-die version of the 2SK1058, would it be okay to replace two parallel 2SK1058's with one BUZ900DP (and two parallel 2SJ162's with one BUZ905DP)?

The only major difference I see is that the power handling of the BUZ devices is only 250W, compared to 300W of the combined 2SK1058/2SJ162 pairs.

If the consensus seems to be that the BUZ devices can easily replace two of the 2SK/2SJ devices, I was going to try it in Randy's Opti-MOS design. I assume that to be "safe", I should only run the system at 200WRMS into 4ohm?

Any comments appreciated!

Thanks!

Shash.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! The only reasons I'm looking at reducing the number of output devices are cost and size. The project I'm working on needs to be as compact as possible, and I can get these BUZ devices for only £1 more than the 2S's!

Thanks!

Shash

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.