SMD part numbers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

I recently bought a "magic box" at an auction (the ETA-auction for you swedes out there) with numerous smd devices. I figured i'd use them for practicing soldering, decoupling and other stuff. The problem is most of the parts have really cryptic part numbes that i can't figure out. They look like "RJE5843207/22", and i suspect they are internal Ericsson part numbers.

I have done some googling and found some references, but i'm still not sure if the number show the specs of the part, or if they are just serial numbers. What i have concluded is that RJ stands for capacitor (RJC ceramic and RJE electrolytic) and REP is resistor (or maybe just RE, P is type of resistor). Probably the number after the dash is an indicator of the part value.

Is anyone familiar with these numbers?
If so, could you explain them to me or point me to some crossreference chart?

I would be very happy fo any help i can get!
(BTW. the box was not a total waste if i can't use these, there were some other cool stuff in there too, worth many times the price i paid for it :D )

regards
/Andreas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.