Nad 5420 display problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I´m usaing a Nad 5420 Cd-Player,

but the display dosn´t work anymore.

If iI look through the display, I can see everthing,

but the lamp doesn´t work .

What kind of lamp is this ?

12 V ?? mA?

Didn´t find any information about this in www :bawling:

greets

harry303

Your display light bulb has just burned out --- it is easy to replace -- this has happened with my NAD 5420 at least three times.

Just open the cabinet (after unplugging power) and unsolder / take out the old bulb. Take it to an electronics supply store or repair shop and ask for a similar bulb -- there are many that will do. Then, solder it in and your display should work again.

woofer said:
Your display light bulb has just burned out --- it is easy to replace -- this has happened with my NAD 5420 at least three times.

They must have revised the system then, as it was a beggar to get at on mine - screws holding the lamp housing are on the flip-side of the pcb.

After a regular annual failure and no easy source for the tubular bulb fitted, I fiitted a couple of 4R7 resistors with a wire-ended bulb in between. A bit dimmer than it was, but it's lasted about 8 years now. :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.