Bench Supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

a quick question, if I may?

I have seen a bench supply with 0-30V output at 3A. Both V and I are adjustable. Output socket are "- " "GND" and "+" in that order.

Daft question :rolleyes: , but could I use this as a split power supply to test a module I have, or is it only good for supplying, say +12V (as opposed to +-12V)?

Thanking you for your advice!! :)

Jon

jonclancy said:
Hi,

a quick question, if I may?

I have seen a bench supply with 0-30V output at 3A. Both V and I are adjustable. Output socket are "- " "GND" and "+" in that order.

Daft question :rolleyes: , but could I use this as a split power supply to test a module I have, or is it only good for supplying, say +12V (as opposed to +-12V)?

Thanking you for your advice!! :)

Jon

For some regulated supplies the GND is attached to the chasis and the mains ground only, this is the case of some of the Lambda supplies which are used in the Physics lab -- there are two floating supplies, i.e. two "+" and "-".

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.