Manganin wire wound resistor diy

Ihat about making 0.22R output resistor with constantan?
Using O.37mm 4.4R per meter, 0.22R for 5cm.
Constantan Wire - 28 SWG | School Science Equipment
Perfect.
I use tons of 0.1 ohm 5W resistors, both as emitter ballast and speaker ground sensing in mixed feedback nets (to lower guitar amp damping to 1 or worse) and use 4 cm of 0.50mm Constantan, at 2.5 ohm per meter
In fact I cut 5 cm of wire, so I can insert ends in PCB holes for direct soldering to pads, and keep hot wire away from PCB

A bonus is that they work as fuses in catastrophic events and are readily visible.

Haven´t bought commercial 5W ceramic resistors for over 20 years.

Attachments

• Screenshot at 2021-11-03 17-40-51.png
    Screenshot at 2021-11-03 17-40-51.png
    389 KB · Views: 93
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/att...nd-resistor-diy-babelfish-m25-2-schematic-png
Hi Jesper, I am beginniner for electronics so not understood
but parallel 0.22R instead of avoided source resistor?

JMFahey,thanks for info.
The problem was I don't have ohm meter for such small resistance.
Good to know constantan wire is easy to fix resistance value.

Nicoch58,
Your resistor looks super.
I will look for that toothed gear.

The problem was I don't have ohm meter for such small resistance.
I made my own, easy peasy, just a 100mA constant current source and measure voltage drop with a standard multimeter, which now becomes a sophisticated 4 wire ohmmeter, but it´s actually NOT NEEDED :)

1) I measure 1 meter of wire to get the ohms per meter, then it´s easy to cut a few cm as needed, only precision instrument required is a ruler.

The worst quality one I can get (50 cents at the Dollar Store) has 1% precision (1 mm) on the 10 cm scale :)

2) but not even that, you CAN trust the ohms per meter rating specified by the wire seller, and which is usually printed on the wire spool itsef.