Owners of DIY Store chassis - question on handle install...

Joined 2020
Paid Member
I think these are the holes to drill out to install the front panel handles (however hear them referred to as the LED pilot holes). There are some similar holes that are hidden under the installed heatsinks. Is one set intended for the handled?

Here?
i-JVr7pmL-X3.jpg

Or the ones under the heatsinks?
DSC_0577_1024x1024.png

Joined 2020
Paid Member
Thanks! That makes sense especially with the context of the old handle style.

Also, want to complement you on the ACA chassis I have, and the new Deluxe 4U chassis that just arrived. The design and quality is amazing and I am so glad we have this product available. This will not be my last build and I will gladly be buying more in the future!

(note I cross-posted this and replying to both for the sake of closure).

Joined 2020
Paid Member
Hi,

Quick comment, the screws that were included with the handles have heads that are about 8.0 - 8.2mm diameter, and the holes in the chassis are just under 8mm meaning they did not fit. I bought some M4-0.7 x 10mm hex head screws and they worked perfectly.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
canonken:

Yeah, I've also repeatedly had that problem. Sometimes, some of the M4 screw heads are just small enough to fit. If not, they can be filed down by a tiny amount (0.2 or 0.3 mm) with little effort and will then work just fine.

Regards,
Scott

Joined 2020
Paid Member
The handles came with standard Phillips head bolts bolts. Home Depot had exactly what I needed and it works perfectly.

I know it is not a big deal in the scheme of things, but being they are selling these and could include any fasteners (or enlarge the holes by a few tenths of a millimeter), wanted to call it out if it was not a known issue.

That said, I am thrilled with the chassis. Everything aligns and fits perfectly, so well thought out. Without it, these builds would be...challenging?

i-z2s8q8D-X2.jpg