Which of these ICs can be swapped out with the OPA2134?

BIG difference between helping and teaching from zero somebody who has no clue.
This is DIY Audio, not DIY University.
You want the easy answers and throw a tantrum if not pleased.

He *definitely* can find the Audio path, like many others.
But nobody will waste time on a childish entitled guy.

You HAVE been helped.:rolleyes:
Teaching is possible to a point, but a full Electronics course is beyond Forum pssibilties.

So now you turn to INSULTING those who help you.
A GREAT way to get help. :mad:

You´ll get it if asked in proper and polite way.
Insulting well intentioned helpers won´t cut much.

Everybody´s time is precious yet nobody´s charging you for it ... as long as it seems to be worth it.
Given your attitude, not so much.
You will get many more bees with honey, than with vinegar.

Thank you for the honest feedback. Your opinion counts too. Honestly, there are SOOOO many assumptions made in your post.

Dan

Last edited:
Well, that is the trigger I also experienced on the reaction to dotneck335 but I was able to suppress it :)

Let's all be polite again. Please. The schematics as posted by 00940 are hand drawn and small which both contributes them not being easily readable so I will pass this one.

Well I certainly wasn’t trying to trigger anyone and nor am I clueless when it comes to electronics. Just this week I repaired a faulty Sony STR-7065 that wouldn’t bias and once that was fixed had heavy clipping on the waveform, along with a Sanyo JCX 2900K with faults of its own. Though some around here make assumptions. I’m not looking for an easy way out. I was just hoping to find someone familiar with this mod. Don’t deal in ICs all that often, discrete circuits are certainly nice.

There are several very knowledgeable folks here I definitely know that, but also many arrogant. I’m a member of several audio forums and some of the rudest I have found here. Some of the kindest I have found here as well. I’ve been posting at audiokarma for over 10 years now and I’ve never once received responses as I have in this thread. It was a DIYaudio member who saw some responses I was getting to check out audiokarma. I still like to come here, there is a lot of great info here.

Anyways thanks Jean Paul, I’ll return with my guesses on the audio path.

Dan

Btw, here is the pdf of the service manual: https://dbxpro.com/en/product_documents/3bx-schematicpdf

PRR had given a link earlier but it is behind a (free) login. This one is directly accessible. They obviously scanned an old manual but sadly not in high res.

Oh thank you, that appears to be identical to the one posted at hifi engine. I’ll certainly use that location for any future dbx gear I might look at.

Dan

Well, that is the trigger I also experienced on the reaction to dotneck335 but I was able to suppress it :)

Let's all be polite again. Please. The schematics as posted by 00940 are hand drawn and small which both contributes them not being easily readable so I will pass this one.

The schematic that 00940 linked is the only one I’ve been able to find and the same I posted a pic of. Yes it is nearly impossible to read. Drawing out the path with this red pen has made me realize I can’t even make out most of the device numbers anyways.

I’ll make this easy and this is really the way I should have just done it in the first place. I’ll inject a signal and I’ll trace a signal through it. Thank you so much to everyone that helped me figure out what appropriate replacements should have been purchased and thank you dotneck335 for squaring me away on placement of the capacitors.

Dan