Plastic 3-D printed part

I need a part that has become unobtanium---a coil sensor for a Studer A810 (see attached). I can get the pot core, the bobbin, and the wire, but not the plastic holder. How can I get someone to print me one of these?

Attachments

• Studer A810 Coil Sensor.pdf
    90 KB · Views: 74
A commercial 3D printing service, or a rapid prototyping service.
The drawing creation is the expensive part,
here at least there are people who charge a lot of money to measure or visualize the part using equipment like co ordinate measuring machines and binocular cameras.
That data is converted to 3D files which can be read in programs like AutoCad, or Solid Edge.

Canon now makes 3D printers, they were $300 here last I checked.

Looks like Nylon 6/6 or Delrin.

Is it possible to use another functionally similar device, rather than make all this effort?

Last edited:
Is it possible to use another functionally similar device, rather than make all this effort?
Same here.

What´s it used for?
An end or broken tape detector?
Part of a reel or capstan speed controller?

Maybe you can mod Tape Recorder to use some kind of optical detector to detect/trigger whatever´s needed.

OR you may fabricate an equivalent bobbin holder out of a small piece of Acrylic or ABS sheet: top - bottom - separator

You cut-drill-glue them together, glue bobbin to top nd bottom or drill themso you can "embed coils as in original part (not sure about available space) and drill small "guide holes".

I guess this part slides up-down on two polished/chromed metal guides for fine adjustment.

Last edited:
I can get you the set of 4 for 100 bucks-

Blue Nylon 6/6

or Green Nyloil for an additional ten dollars.

Haylar for an additional 25 dollars.

Attachments

• image_2021-05-07_144404.png
    image_2021-05-07_144404.png
    74.2 KB · Views: 67
What´s it used for?....I guess this part slides up-down on two polished/chromed metal guides for fine adjustment.
It is to be used as a tension sensor on my Otari reel-to-reel tape recorder. It senses the position of the existing tension arm in order to control the holdback/takeup tension. I am woefully under the delusion that I can make and retro-fit a reel servo control for this machine so it can handle tape like the big boys (Studer and Ampex) do.

The spec helps a little. The coil is actually 14.3mm x 8, so making that mounting hole would probs need to be 14.4mm, depending on the fit.

The real issue is the spacing of those two pin sleeves in relation to themselves. You would have to either take the measurements yourself (with calipers at a bare minimum) or send the assembly, with coil, to me to measure.

If you want to go the printer route, just come up with the best measurements you can and I'll implement them in an STL file, and you can print one out. If it doesn't fit, I can tweak the dimensions and re-STL-