Mouser delays

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wow what a lot of whiners! I can still get an order from Mouser to Perth quicker than orders within Australia.

Let's see, I have a project above a million dollars, Mouser is the exclusive distributor for one of the parts required. They when queried, give a back ordered delivery date that will meet the schedule. Their website shows different dates listed with quantities expected.

The manufacturer gives much longer dates. Do I think the manufacturer is going to do multiple partial runs or just make as many as they expect to sell before the next product run?

Gee wonder why on a product I gave the heads up on quantity of product needed, a redesign will allow for using another manufacturers part. So far I haven't found a part that is multi-sourced.

So even though they have reduced shipping capability, their system that gives nonsense projected products dates just might be an issue! Quite simply manufacturing these days often uses a "Just in Time" delivery system. Allowing for a natural disaster is one thing, bad follow up is another.

Of course the weather disaster was really more an issue of politics and lack of regulation.

The infra structure that failed was all privately owned. Texas favors very little government regulation. So preparing for cold weather was private owners' decisions. Some did most did not. Every other state is tied in to the national power grid and would have been spared much misery from such problems. Texas is not as they did not want anyone else setting standards.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello,
I didnt know that things as basic as this would be up to private companies. Usually those will skip maintenance and/or long term investments that will only give return on investment years later.
What a pity things could have been avoided with a bit more common sense.
Maybe it will be a wake up call but i expect things will remain the same.
Greetings,Eduard

Joined 2011
Hello,
I didnt know that things as basic as this would be up to private companies. Usually those will skip
maintenance and/or long term investments that will only give return on investment years later.
What a pity things could have been avoided with a bit more common sense.
Maybe it will be a wake up call but i expect things will remain the same.

The US constitution reserves all undelegated and unprohibited powers to the states.
It would never have been adopted otherwise. If Texas wants winter to be a major disaster,
and to pay exorbitant rates for electricity, that's their right.

Last edited:
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I've written my reps and have heard back from them. I've known about the issues for about 2 years after I started buying power wholesale. In the crisis, some bad, bad decisions were made. And some of it was getting caught with pants down by everyone. In Austin, the water pressure dropped and boil water notices were put out. After the emergency subsided, the local news reported that a tree had fallen on power lines at the water facility. When workers went to the site, they had a back up power generator but it was 50 years old and no one knew exactly how to get it started. Basically, the state dumped any semblance of an insurance policy with it's energy sources. There has been both good and bad reporting about the situation, but I don't want to derail the thread. Hopefully the orders from Mouser get back on track.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Solar is abundant, plasnu!! Summer sun + heat + Class A Amp. Paradise haha. BTW, that price was artificially set and maintained well after the crisis had passed. That's another something that is being investigated. It wasn't market forces that set the price.

Mine was ordered 18th Feb, Fedex label created 26th Feb, Picked up on the 27th and its been in Memphis TN ever since. Hopefully it'll carry a bit of Elvis with it when it eventually lands here.

Parts all delivered today, 08 March.... 18 days total end to end. When you see it noted down, it doesn't seem so bad - its just that we have all become used to 4-5 day turnaround I reckon. Maybe we are just spoiled!!

That delay was caused by climate change. If we think a 14 day delay is a big deal, imagine what happens in the future while certain people stick their heads in the sand... We all complained about it like it was la fin du monde! Our grandparents would laugh at our plight, no?

For 10 items

Your order has been delayed. These delays are due to extended warehouse processing times, caused by peak volume, and COVID prevention procedures.
Order Status
Sales Order No: 253900960
Purchase Order No: AWR-154
Order Date: March 07, 2021
Current Status:
Order Processing

Expected to Ship By:
March 12, 2021

Back to cancel order or order important stuff from DigiKey or customers wait and I forward this message to them

Give Mouser a break on these shipping delays. It all comes down to people trying to do their jobs around an infrastructure collapse. The storm has a body count and people didn't have utilities for days during freezing conditions. Grocery stores were emptied out. During those times going to work would be my last priority.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.