Good TVC for not alot of money??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
although limited in steps, I measured the item below for distortion and frequency response and both fine driven by typical opamp player or soundcard outputs.

My Promitheus TVC adds a subtle layer of harmonics

This Belkin sounded nice on operatic voices

25 Dollars (Belkin shown) and good to go but could use a housing to make things look nicer.

XxOsazX.jpg

What is intriguing is on lower volume playback it isn't turning part of your signal into heat. Its increasing the available current if I understand it correctly. It kind of sounds like a loudness button being pushed in. not quite as prominent. But there is more presence in everything. Dynamics are effortless.
well worth it I think..

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
> Its increasing the available current

Most loads only suck what they suck.

The transformer will then (ideally) DE-crease the current sucked from the source. Which may reduce its distortion and change its bandwidth.

However any transformer has some parasitic losses. These can easily exceed a potentiometer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.