Fake 10M45S from Aliexpress

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just found out the hard way these are 100% fake. I have no idea what’s inside, but definitely not a 10M45S chip! :mad:

No more Chinese counterfeit for me, bye bye Aliexpress.

Take care and watch out!

Regards, Gerrit

Attachments

• 0F691275-BF85-494F-B0C2-0A5A7EE64955.jpeg
    0F691275-BF85-494F-B0C2-0A5A7EE64955.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 380
aliexpress has a disclaimer in that they don't usually sell western brands its mainly Chinese manufactured goods and if anybody is offered western goods for sale they better check out the seller first as they will probably be fakes.

Quote - Aliexpress is legit but some of its products aren't (bootleg )

aliexpress has a disclaimer in that they don't usually sell western brands its mainly Chinese manufactured goods and if anybody is offered western goods for sale they better check out the seller first as they will probably be fakes.

Quote - Aliexpress is legit but some of its products aren't (bootleg )
Are you kidding me :D Aliexpress have thousands of sellers selling fake electronic parts and doing absolutely nothing to deal with situation for years. Disclaimers... sure (never seen one btw.) is there just to dodge the lawsuits. Almost all of the popular in diyaudio parts sold on ali are fakes of different degree of badness.
So let me rephrase the last sentence:

Aliexpress is "legit" but very few of its products aren't a fakes (bootleg) I'm yet to find one :D

P.S. Actually, any popular electronic parts on ali are fakes most of the time, to the point when "...something sold and marked as STM32 could be completely different controller some times even not fully compatible.." or complete dud. And for all the years I never heard that someone bought new genuine part on ali Functional parts? - yes, sure. Working exactly to the original part manufacturer specs - no, nope not even once if tested properly.
And testing is a big part of issue, most of us do not posses knowledge or equipment to test complicated electronic components properly

What makes you think I support Aliexpress Garrbage ?

I have never purchased anything off them in my life .

All I was doing was pointing out you should read the small print first .

90 % of the British public are caught out daily with the online scams/ telephone scams /bank scams / Amazon scams /Microsoft scams /BT scams / bank transfer scams /etc etc etc etc !

I have spent years on a very well known UK public help website trying to help the British public but they just wont learn until they have lost £1000,s .

Why ? because they are told ---use the internet by those in charge. telling the truth there got me nowhere only-- you are putting the public in fear !

So it continues ad infinitum , I also know Canada has its problems as well.

So don't castigate me ---do something like I did I took action but "invested interests" weren't happy when I told the truth.

It depends on what you buy: standard cheap in current production stuff: dog food holders, clothes pins, toys, embroidered caps, t shirts, soap holders, ashtrays, etc. will be legit ... what else?
Now if you expect to find there (how would it have reached China in the first place?) obsolete and desirable stuff NOT made in China and unavailable anywhere else for ages, and to boot at way lower price ..... I have a bridge to sell you. Toll booths included.

Joined 2015
Paid Member
Some Aliexpress fakes are not meant to be a ripoff to the end customer, although they are a fraud to the original manufacturer. I've bought a few Alps RK27 potentiometers from Aliexpress lately and they work well, at least for now. Good tracking between the two sections and they turn smoothly, they surely are worth the low price I paid for them. They are fake, of course; a close comparison to the original shows a few subtle differences, but on a functional level they work like the genuine RK27. I buy on this platform low-tech parts such as binding posts and aluminium knobs. I once tried to buy a power transformer but from a quick examination it does not seems to be wound according to modern safety standards and I relegated it to experimental use.

What makes you think I support Aliexpress Garrbage ?
You dont'. All right then.... :D
I have never purchased anything off them in my life .
So you really couldn't tell anything new to people who buying there for many years.

Some Aliexpress fakes are not meant to be a ripoff to the end customer, although they are a fraud to the original manufacturer. I've bought a few Alps RK27 potentiometers from Aliexpress lately and they work well, at least for now.
If it marked as something else it meant to be ripoff, period, and it is. Take same RK27, would you buy it first time for the price it sold if it wouldn't be marked as ALPS, or say "ALPS type"? Besides, it is very good copy most of the time (it looks like it depends on batch). But for the cheap volume control I prefer to buy another potentiometer (DACT Type SMD Stepped Attenuator 21 step volume) same price but better results that original and it is clearly not disguised under some brand name. There are other examples of very well made fakes in there, but unfortunately very few.

Read my post Garrbage - why didn't you read the SMALL PRINT ??

It tells me all I need to know they admit their website sells "fakes " but those "fakes " are cheap and as they say are made by Chinese companies .

So what do you expect ---as THEY point out -genuine NOS ??

Thats all you need to know , why get indignant at me if you don't even read the rules of the website in the first place ---that's YOUR problem not mine .

Why don't you criticize Amazon Market Place filled to the brim with rip-off merchants and Amazon,s new policy allows them denial of responsibility for those crooks , they are at present ripping off innocent UK citizens while their owner is now the richest man on earth !

Read my post Garrbage - why didn't you read the SMALL PRINT ??Thats all you need to know , why get indignant at me if you don't even read the rules of the website in the first place ---that's YOUR problem not mine .
Lets cool a little :D You have no experience with platform and you don't want to. That is understandable everyone makes their own choice. I didn't meant to offend you but in case I did, I'm sorry. Let's leave it at it. btw. when I started buying on ali in 2010 it wasn't any "small print" you referring to in their EULA.

Even the masks for COVID-19 are unreliable.
You buy them everywhere, and only China can supply millions of them per day...
I don't trust Aliexpress.
You are right don't. But there are some stuff worth buying on ali. Soldering equipment by example. They making industrial level good quality, soldering equipment more than adequate for most radio amateurs significantly cheaper than western made analogs. Some descent measuring equipment like handheld 4.5/5.5 digit multimeters and logic analyzers below $100, cheap descent scopes below $400-$500, lab power supplies and functional generators for less than $150-$200, etc. Also some tools and tools parts, motor controllers, CNC parts, etc.

For future reference, Octopart.com is a search engine for electronic components from official resellers:
IXCP10M45S IXYS - Integrated Circuits (ICs) - Distributors, Price Comparison, and Datasheets | Octopart component search

If you can't afford to buy them from Digikey/Mouser/etc, then you probably can't afford the real thing.

Brand name components that come from dubious sellers in China are generally one of the below
1. Counterfeit components. e.g. a cheap transistor rebranded as an expensive one, or an empty package (plastic body and leads) with no transistor inside
2. Left over components from manufacturing assembled products. E.g. They were commissioned to build some radios, they ordered 50,000 transistors but only needed 48,000 to build the radios so they flog the 2,000 left over on ebay/aliexpress.
3. Genuine components which have been salvaged from second hand equipment and are unknown if still operational
4. Genuine components from the manufacturing plant in China which have failed quality control. These are supposed to be disposed but no doubt some 'sneak out the back door'

For parts which are commonly used by DIY audio enthusiasts, such as specialty audio transistors and parts which have not been in production for decades, more often than not they are #1.

Aliexpress has it's place and for me an example of that is buying a preassembled tube speaker amplifier. I can't source the transformers, chassis, RCA jacks, mains cord, speaker terminals for less than what I paid for the whole amp. If the amp works at all it's a bonus - i'm prepared for the tubes/electronics to be junk or need a redesign.

Last edited:
In case anybody comes to this thread looking for information instead of soapbox rants:

I have had good luck in buying legit semi's from Ebay and Ali by just carefully looking at the picture. In other words, looking at your picture of a perfectly rectangular package, all 90 deg sharp corners, I could have told you it was fake without a meter. But I doubt the ranting will stop :D

In case anybody comes to this thread looking for information instead of soapbox rants:

I have had good luck in buying legit semi's from Ebay and Ali by just carefully looking at the picture. In other words, looking at your picture of a perfectly rectangular package, all 90 deg sharp corners, I could have told you it was fake without a meter. But I doubt the ranting will stop :D

It's very common that Chinese sellers use official, genuine photos from manufacturers for their listings but ship something much different. I also got troubles buying some 10m90s from China. Same tactic.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.