Fake 10M45S from Aliexpress

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
China has absorbed most of the Factories,period,specially Electronics ones, and almost allcomponents.
They already have the Technology and machinery to manufactureb the best, and you will get that, if you ask and pay for it.

Now if you buy cheeeeaaapppp you will get exactly that, and sourcing old obsolete stuff which they NEVER EVER manufactured or even used (not many Chinese Amplifier, Receiver, etc. factories in the 80´s) and expecting NOS, the real deal, is naïve, to say it mildly.

I can imagine a British factory buying too many Hitachi Mosfets or other sought after components in the 80´s, financially failing, and today somebody who bought a lot of moldy cardboard boxes at auction finds a few in one of them, so he sells them on EBay.

But how in h*ll could the same thing have happened in China? NO WAY

So my rule of thumb on buying from China: currently made Chinese stuff?: generally good product at lower price.
NOS/OEM/obsolete surplus products supposedly made elsewhere 10 or more years ago? FORGET IT

You can NOT have surplus or excess stock of something which was NEVER made or used there in the first place.

Just found out the hard way these are 100% fake. I have no idea what’s inside, but definitely not a 10M45S chip! :mad:

No more Chinese counterfeit for me, bye bye Aliexpress.

Take care and watch out!

Regards, Gerrit

if its chinese or ebay think twice.
i have even bought fakes off uk based ebay sellers.
stick to RS and Farnell and you should be ok.

by just carefully looking at the picture. In other words, looking at your picture of a perfectly rectangular package, all 90 deg sharp corners, I could have told you it was fake without a meter. But I doubt the ranting will stop :D
:lol: you just made my day :). Modern (last 5-6 years at least) fakes often have exceptional visual appearances as printing methods improved and used laser engravers cost dropped significantly. So can look until your eyes start to hurt without seeing difference (but often differences are very minute and noticeable only comparing genuine and fake side by side under x5 x10 magnification. Measuring parameters reveals the fake. Last MJL's I got from ebay visually were very close to the original. But linearity of beta unlike the genuine part was nowhere to be found it was, with Ic=6A it was a half of what Ic=2A. On one of the amp builds topics a year or two ago bunch of people tried to buy output transistors on ali. Despite sometimes excellent visuals not even single one received appears to be genuine when measured.
It's very common that Chinese sellers use official, genuine photos from manufacturers for their listings but ship something much different.
Yes it is quite common
Originally Posted by leadbelly View Post
by just carefully looking at the picture
Priceless :D
Indeed :D
China has absorbed most of the Factories,period,specially Electronics ones, and almost allcomponents.
This one is quite common misconception. If you look at analog components widely used in audio. Most of it, analog and mixed signals components, made in US, Europe, Japan and Korea. Encasing done mostly Philippines, Malaysia, and a little bit in China.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.